FinalGear Shirts: 2010 Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be willing to pay a little extra for another work shirt. I really love mine and the fact that there are only a few in the world makes it that much better.

I wonder if new members can be blocked from voting until they have a number of posts. Or blocked from seeing this thread entirely because it really should be between the members voting rather than the visitors. If that makes sense.

As long as you're going off of join date and not post count. Lurkers are people, too!

As long as you're going off of join date and not post count. Lurkers are people, too!

How do you propose we use the join date? I don't think it's fair to say to people "You want to vote but you must wait X number of days first". Making, say, 10 posts to introduce yourself and get in to the forum isn't difficult (lurker or not) but should deter people who are purely here to corrupt the vote. As always, this is not a personal attack on you for just having 6 posts. :)

Edit: I had a go at the Oversteer idea. I knew I'd get objections to any particular car being the crashed one so it's a Morris Marina.

KvVBw.jpg

Last edited:
Just a reminder if you want your design to make the vote, you need to PM or email me the final design in JPG/PNG so it can be put in the voting thread.

I came up with this:

m7t2yw.png

but that's as far as my artistic talent goes. If you like it, I will be happy to see a better made version and possibly high res.

P.S. I couldn't find a vectored logo of FG, so I placed one found on images.google.com.
P.S.2 Now, when I look at the image, proportions somehow look wrong and and I found out, that it will look much better with reversed colors.

Last edited:
How do you propose we use the join date? I don't think it's fair to say to people "You want to vote but you must wait X number of days first". Making, say, 10 posts to introduce yourself and get in to the forum isn't difficult (lurker or not) but should deter people who are purely here to corrupt the vote. As always, this is not a personal attack on you for just having 6 posts. :)

I'm just here for a cool t-shirt. All of my posts previously had been in the first t-shirt thread. I'll likely be buying another one this time just as I did the first time. I post on too many forums as is, so I just read this one.

Who should be allowed to vote versus those than can not doesn't really matter much to me. If they all vote for a retarded shirt, then I guess I won't buy one. But there's a lot of good designs and the first post makes it sound as if there will likely be multiple designs printed anyways.

Last edited:
I thought we already decided that anybody can vote. Everybody's money spends the same. Right?

As has been mentioned by Viper they will determine the designs. The voting provides them a gauge of what is popular nothing more.

As has been mentioned by Viper they will determine the designs. The voting provides them a gauge of what is popular nothing more.

Exactly. You guys are buying the shirts, so obviously we care what you think, but in the end it comes down to what we think is good, appropriate, and legal.

Democracy is only fun when it is serving as a sideshow to real government work right :p

As well, tbh, I don't like the Top Gear shirts at all. I want a Finalgear shirt like the first (red) one. Finalgear on front, nice logo on back (the skull was cool, can't we just make it "nicer"?) and print in in various colours (and better quality, mine has almost washed out)......

Sadly I am too rubbish to design it myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Democracy is only fun when it is serving as a sideshow to real government work right :p

As well, tbh, I don't like the Top Gear shirts at all. I want a Finalgear shirt like the first (red) one. Finalgear on front, nice logo on back (the skull was cool, can't we just make it "nicer"?) and print in in various colours (and better quality, mine has almost washed out)......

this

I want a Finalgear shirt like the first (red) one. Finalgear on front, nice logo on back (the skull was cool, can't we just make it "nicer"?) and print in in various colours (and better quality, mine has almost washed out)......

X2.

I would also like to recreate the first shirt, I bought two and both are nearly faded away completely. I'd like to "retire" those shirts.

Hell, I'd even be for making the first shirt design the "unofficial" FG logo.

And/or different colour shirts.

x2 :|

I would also like to recreate the first shirt, I bought two and both are nearly faded away completely. I'd like to "retire" those shirts.

Hell, I'd even be for making the first shirt design the "unofficial" FG logo.

I'm pretty sure the big mans are fairly dead set against this, most wonderful of ideas. It is a stinky thing.

I may be able to reprint the originals, but in low quantities it's expensive to do. And I can't do too much about how long the print lasts before fading-- I've changed screenprinters and inks as of the Careless air/oversteer/outlines/TUS last summer, but my original red motorsports shirts from 2008 are still bright and fine (Wash in cold water, hang dry). I haven't had any feedback regarding these last shirts so I assume they came out better than the Utter Pirates/I Was the Stig/FG Motorsports 08. I'll evaluate different shirt manufactures to see what holds the ink longer and stays high quality, but gets rid of the roughness these gildans display.

Just wait till you see what we've got for LeMons.

Status
Not open for further replies.