• Driver Text

Votes: 146 31.5%
  • Defying Nature

Votes: 38 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was walking around wearing my careless air shirt on Sunday, and I saw a guy wearing the same shirt. I said "nice shirt", the guy answered "yeah, Top Gear, right?", I said "yeah, it starts today, eh?" and the guy said "oh really?" :lol:

The masses are obviously quite informed :D

BTW, what does the text on the Stig Text shirt say?

Totally: "Meanwhile in Iceland", "The greatest carmaker" and "Oh cock".

I think I've asked this before, just not sure I got the proper answer:

If I see a shirt design I like, and it neither gets voted for, nor wins...

If I get the designer's okay, can I still print out myself?

^don't think there's a copyright on any of the pics, no one can touch you ;)

I think I've asked this before, just not sure I got the proper answer:

If I see a shirt design I like, and it neither gets voted for, nor wins...

If I get the designer's okay, can I still print out myself?

I highly doubt it.

^don't think there's a copyright on any of the pics, no one can touch you ;)

Eh?

All entries submitted will be property of FinalGear.com. We can/will use what you submit, and you will not be entitled to revoke the usage of said content, relicense the entries to another party, or . Also, please do not submit any copywritten materials, or designs incorporating trademarks/copyrights of others (No Top Gear logo, no names of the hosts, no manufacturer's logos.. we just can't afford to license their trademarks).

Even if we didn't sign away the rights to finalgear, you can absolutely not print it without permission.

Last edited:
I figured as much. If my fave doesn't win, Ill contact them to see if they're game.

You'd have to ask Quicky and not the designer, since the designer doesn't own the design.

Even if we didn't sign away the rights to finalgear, you can absolutely not print it without permission.

and whatcha gonna do about it if i did :D

sue me? :lol:

(not that i'm planning to, but still, you can't stop me)

It's morally wrong.

Most people would put the additional s there, but I believe it would be wrong. Just like with income tax, those are spelled Einkommensteuer, and not Einkommenssteuer like they spell it in Switzerland :lol:

It looks very odd with just one s.
Apart from that, no one says DoppelkupplungsSCHALTgetriebe. It's just Doppelkupplungsgetriebe. But hey...

I LOVE the Six Liter Twin Turbo!!!

It's morally wrong.

IF Quiky is not printing it and the designer is okay with it, what's the issue? Read the fine print, you cannot relicense ie sell the content for personal gain and you cannot stop Fg from using it, it said nothing about sharing a design and letting someone print one or two shirts for themselves.

I really like the 6 litre twin tubro one. It is very clever. Good for a runner, cyclist and a petrol head. :cool:

man I would love to see supercharged one printed as well as the possible winner Scandinavian flick

IF Quiky is not printing it and the designer is okay with it, what's the issue? Read the fine print, you cannot relicense ie sell the content for personal gain and you cannot stop Fg from using it, it said nothing about sharing a design and letting someone print one or two shirts for themselves.

Somehow it is brilliant to see a copyright infringement discussion by the people who illegally download TV shows all the time :D

As well I don't think any of the designers would be an ass if you ask him if you can do a single personal print to wear - in the end, the goal of a designer is to get his design out, no?

Just a quick note on the one with the Porsche and the "Doppelkupplungsschaltgetriebe".
1. It was already mentioned, there is missing a "s"
2. The "schalt" in there is possible, but not necessary. Usually it is just "Doppelkupplungsgetriebe" which of course means double/dual clutch gearbox/transmission. If you put a "schalt" in it then it would be double/dual clutch manual gearbox/transmission. Referring to Porsches PDK it is even wrong to put it in since PDK means Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe.

Maybe the creator wants to work on it so that the final product is grammatically und technically correct.

Just a quick note on the one with the Porsche and the "Doppelkupplungsschaltgetriebe".
1. It was already mentioned, there is missing a "s"
2. The "schalt" in there is possible, but not necessary. Usually it is just "Doppelkupplungsgetriebe" which of course means double/dual clutch gearbox/transmission. If you put a "schalt" in it then it would be double/dual clutch manual gearbox/transmission. Referring to Porsches PDK it is even wrong to put it in since PDK means Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe.

Maybe the creator wants to work on it so that the final product is grammatically und technically correct.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly what I'd expect a german to say! +1 to you, sir.

It's against the law.

Not in the US it wouldn't be, if the t-shirt weren't being printed by FinalGear (ie. the only option was to make your own) and you only made one for yourself it would fall under a Fair Use exemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.