Finalgear Team Skin

i dont mind tbh, its fine with me if everyone has the blue one, i can still distinguish the racers, names over cars, number, number plate, right bottom position list etc.

but i dont mind if everyone wants their own patter, all fine with me :)

^ :lol:

sorry, no stickers due to copyright issues :)

i can put some homemade stickers for you, so that you gain a bit of extra hp :lol:

what do you want? swek's rice garage, or maybe what buba once said "buba's XXX productions" :D

Ok, a little instruction for the people that are not that familiar with photoshop.

Picture one - What you will see when you open the psd file

http://img46.imageshack.**/img46/8810/turial19gj.jpg

On the left you see all the different layer sets, with the appropriate name. Do not touch the ones that i have crossed out on this picture with red. To chose your type of stripe pattern, you have to click the little eye thing on the left, next to the layer name. Click them one by one, and see which one you will like the most. Careful here, cos if you have pattern 5 activated you wont be able to see the patterns below it. So always have one pattern active at a time. Put otherway, always have one eye thing active at a time for the pattern!!! So browse through the patterns, and once you decided which one you like, let that.

For the more "advanced" people, you can change the color of the patternt by hitting image-> adjustement-> hue/saturation -> play around with the bars.

Attention!!! I have locked all the layers for safety reasons. That means you can not change the position, or alter the layer in any way. So for the above color change to work you have to unlock the layer, by clicking the small icon after the line that says LOCK:, click the icon 3rd from left to right.

One more thing for advanced users. You can also change the color of the thin lines on the car, to match the color of your stripe pattern. To do that, open the layer set called Perpendiculars, unlock the layer (remember, all layers locked). Active on of the layers, hold down CTRL and click on the active layer, to higlight it. Take your brush, and repaint that part of the lines. Do the same thing for the other "perpendicular" layers.

Ok, so now that you have your pattern (and maybe color) its time to change your number.

To do that look here:

http://img46.imageshack.**/img46/1512/turial22hq.jpg

You open the layer set called Number. There are 2 layers, one for the left, and one for the right side of the car respectively. You click on of those, place your cursor above the appropriate number on the car, and press T. Now you need to simply rewrite the number, to whatever you wish to.

Once you are done, save the file as a JPG!!! -> give it the name FZR_(***name***) and copy to lfs skins folder.

Do NOT forget to upload you skin file to lfsworld.net, so that others can see it as well!!!

If you dont get something just ask.

Mxm, will host the psd and give the link shortly :thumbup:
(actually it will be a rar file containing the psd file, that
way the file is 3mb instead of 8 8)

PS: The font that i used for the number, is not a default one unfortunatelly. It is included in the rar file with the psd. So first instally that font and then do photoshopping.

Oh forgot that you can also change the color of your roll cage. Its in the Paint Layerset, bottommost layer, called rollbars.

edit: one more thing. Get CMX Skin Viewer from lfs site, so that you can see you skin on the car without starting lfs itself. Just copy the skin jpg file to the cmx viewer directory and run the viewer

A little change of plans guys. From now on the skins for the other cars will be provided only with one pattern between the stripes (the light blue one most people liked). The reason lies within the time it would take me to apply all the differnt stripe patterns. The problem is that its not as simple as just putting it onto the middle of the car. Bacause of all the graphics, lines etc within the pattern, they have to be alligned. The stripe on the car goes from front to back, which in lfs skin making means 3 parts - > front bumper (vertical pattern), car body (horizontal) and rear (vertical). Add these places the lines and graphics have to match to make it look nice and continuos. Since there are ~ 15 cars in lfs, and 5-6 patterns that i've shown, that would mean a lot of pain in the ass work. So im gonna do the skins first for the cars that we race most often with the lightblue strip pattern. Then the rest of the cars will follow. If anyone is really disliking the current pattern, i can post the files for the other patterns if the person wants to bother with it himseld. Otherwise, the color of the current pattern can be changed easily as well as the thin lines.

Shortly, customization is narrowed down to:
- color of pattern
- color of the thing lines
- racing number

Further customization means doing it on your own.

FXO GTR Ready as well :)

PSD file via yousendit.com Here

http://img108.imageshack.**/img108/8449/fxo1ic.jpg

:shock: This looks absolutely fantastic!
Great work. :thumbsup:

I think I'll take #08.

so far:

mancs: #06
viper: 07
espn: 08
pdanev: 09
mxm: 11
mrkrazzy: 14
andy: 18
josty: 25
buba: 69 :lol:
chickeneater: 89

Here's what mine looks like:

http://img126.imageshack.**/img126/5434/fzrespnsti9yr.jpg

Great work!! :thumbsup:

I'll take #44 and a black stripe, which I'll use when I return from holidays.

ESPNSTI: You stole my number! :roll:

pdanev: if you would, in addition to the wicked phat tight stripe you're making, can you use white gridlines, or like a light grey if it contrasts too much? :) Thanks, you're awesome