FinalGear Texasmeet - Nov. 16-18, 2012 (Austin F1)

I do have the extra cash to burn on a Vacation/Graduation gift for myself. It's either this or MSR Houston.

MSR Houston will always be there. Tejasmeet is a rare opportunity! :)

This! :D

I want more people! Even if I have no damn clue who they are, I wanna meet 'em! I want a big fg-meet! :D

I could bring the ringmeet-banner, Austins track is some sort of ring too ;).
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...mI/AAAAAAAABk0/-sednRGoTt4/s1187/IMG_2710.jpg

But I'm afraid that thing is - for airtravel - quite heavy and would ruin my free luggage-weight :D. I may mail it though.. ;)

How did I miss this. I will be at the race for sure T12. As for other events I am in San Antonio so a quick blast up to San Marcos is no problem. I am up for both some track time and shooting depending on the day.

Yay! Lets update the list, also, when we're approaching the actual event I might contact those who haven't posted here in month (saturn, jsausley)

Likely/confirmed attendants:
- nugget
- equi
- joel
- coco
- thomas
- stig
- Saturn07
- jsausley
- TBoneUs

Potential attendants (whats to think about!?):
- Chaos
- Quicky
- chris1989

YESSSSSSSSSS!

Bring the ringmeet banner. I can edit that with painter's tape. ;)

Its several kg heavy... I just checked shipping.. if its over 2kg, its srsly rape.. which it very likely is.. Will check the options .. :D Maybe I can smuggle it on a flightaware private jet? :D

Okay, then maybe no banner. You should save your money for meat and awkward smiling chairs.

Circuit of the Americas sent me an email saying "parking is now available". Of course.. this just means that they don't have enough people to fill the lots who are buying PSL's. So they are charging $200 for a weekend of on site parking.. geezz.

1. Have everybody chip in for wagon space.
2. Clown car the wagon.
3. ???
4. Actually profit?!

4. Actually profit?!

Good question, any answers to that? :D

Just FYI: Today I got my PTO confirmed at work. Not that I really would have cared if they have said no, because I booked the flight already and thats not refundable, at least not under normal circumstances :). Oh and please make the USD:EUR-rate go up (in advance of the euro), then my hotel and rental will be a bit cheaper.. :D

Last edited:
Any word yet on how the bus system is going to work? Hopefully something from San Marcos. Despite what I paid for my tickets $200 for parking is nuts.

Any word yet on how the bus system is going to work? Hopefully something from San Marcos. Despite what I paid for my tickets $200 for parking is nuts.

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/transportation

so basically.. you have to park at the Expo Center and deal with their free shuttles. My goal will be to try and avoid the larger exoduses from track.. and still get to San Marcos early enough on Sunday afternoon to hang out with people there too

I think the meeting-point for the FG-meet should be somewhere away from the F1-track :D. Although I wouldn't mind checking out the track itself, there is no way in hell I am paying trippledigit money for parking, when I am not even getting inside.

You can't check out the track.. unless you want to pay for a taxi to drop you off and pick you up. They are only letting ticket holders on the shuttles, and it sounds like they are only letting taxis, limos, etc near the track

Yeah.. as I just said on IRC, the cheap tickets were n/a when I made my trip fix, so I am out of luck there. In case I happen to find a general admission ticket for fair money, I might do it, otherwise, I'm just as happy just going to texas without seeing F1 :D.

- - - Updated - - -

Little update on the list:

Likely/probable/confirmed attendants:
- nugget
- equi
- joel
- coco
- thomas
- stig
- Saturn07 (status-update please)
- jsausley (status-update please)
- TBoneUs
- Q<tab>

Potential attendants (whats to think about!?):
- Chaos
- chris1989
- altoid

Altoid might join joel on the trip, Q<tab> also would go for carpooling with someone from the eastcoast :).

Last edited: