FinalGear Weekly Photo Assignment #1 - "In Motion"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna say few words about voting.

If you make standart vote thread, you can only vote for 1 photo. Because some photos will be clearly better than others, most votes will go to n1, and next 2 maybe, rest will get 0. It will be that way because we will not have that much voters I'm sure.

2nd, you can vote for yourself in normal vote thread, which is unfair I think.

To make point distribution more even, and to clearly arrange all results in order, it's better if everyone can vote for top3 for example. Giving them 3, 2 and 1 point, like in photoshopping competitions. Or you just have 6 points and you give them as you like. That way also voting for yourself will be eliminated. Of course someone has to do this work, but that's not too bad. Maybe an hour every few weeks.

MXM said:
I wanna say few words about voting.

If you make standart vote thread, you can only vote for 1 photo. Because some photos will be clearly better than others, most votes will go to n1, and next 2 maybe, rest will get 0. It will be that way because we will not have that much voters I'm sure.

2nd, you can vote for yourself in normal vote thread, which is unfair I think.

To make point distribution more even, and to clearly arrange all results in order, it's better if everyone can vote for top3 for example. Giving them 3, 2 and 1 point, like in photoshopping competitions. Or you just have 6 points and you give them as you like. That way also voting for yourself will be eliminated. Of course someone has to do this work, but that's not too bad. Maybe an hour every few weeks.

That's actually a pretty good idea, I like it. That way, people can't vote for themselves, because I'll know whose picture is whose, and who's voting for what.

Anyone else like this idea?

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Anyone else like this idea?

Yes, good idea :)

Although I'm not sure how much I'll be able to have a go (my camera will probably be awful at motion shots) I like the way this is panning out.
I agree that we shouldn't be able to use old photos - that is, that every shot submitted should've been taken within the compeition timeline. I also think 2 weeks is a better time frame than one week as I know I'd certainly be unable to get any in within a week (really only get a chance to take photos on weekends, and even then only occassionally).
Sorry AxlxA, but I agree with the others, one month is just too long - only 12 comps in a year. Unless you have 2 competitions overlapping, so one starting say beginning of month ending at the end of month and another running from mid-month to mid-month so there are results and a new compo each week... (I know what I mean - it's past 1am and I hardly slept last night so I shouldn't really even be typing given how good I am at saying confusing things)

Salar, I don't think BerserkerCatSplat is being selfish at all. Just the opposite in fact - he's volunteered his time to do this!!! And that's no small thing, this could end up taking up quite a bit of his time if it gets popular.
As for this being 'your suggestion' - this has been suggested more than once before. I remember it being brought up when the Forum's Photoshop competition started! Not to mention the Lens Flair's hall of fame (of which you could almost say this is an offshoot - given that that was going to be run so you picked a favourite from the past weeks photos in lens flair).
So, rather than being upset that CatSplat has offered his time to run this, perhaps you could be a bit kinder/productive and offer to help him with the counting of the votes or something?!

Anyway, I'm in.

i think you should make the topic and deadline of the current competition more obvious...just stared a minute at your post and did not find it. :D

Mine will be sent in by the end of this week. I am really happy with my entry.

I like this theme, becuase it allows for many different perspectives and interpretations of the theme, which will allow for a diverse set of pictures.

I was expecting crap with my crappy P&S camera, but I am pleased with it right now.

Just trying to nail down my post processing to give the best effect right now.

Carsightings said:
any chance of having the competiton before the 29th?
what for? :?

i have some that i could sent in, but i'm going to try some more this week.

I see the post too late (after posting my last shoot), and have no possilbilty to shoot before the 28, one day too late...

Quentin

Don't worry, there'll probably be a series of competitions with different subjects, so you still can jump in on the next one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.