FinalGear's Favorite Car, Reborn: The 2016 Mazda MX5

Topgearfanatic

is a Queen
Car(s)
2002 Audi A4 1.8t
http://jalopnik.com/2016-mazda-miata-this-is-it-1630269168
http://jalopnik.com/here-are-the-official-pics-of-the-2016-mazda-miata-1630339600

mx5.JPG

Last edited:
I guess I'll repost here.

I got a strong S2000 vibe from the front end. Overall I really like it. It feels like a very Japanese roadster to me, which is odd considering the MX5 has always had that British roadster foundation.

I'm still not sure how I feel about it, I'll probably have to see it in the flesh and sit in it to decide.

Love the look of it, but the reveal event was a bit shit. They revealed no details at all, and I ended up seeing more of Duran Duran than the bloody car.

I'm also hoping they got the electric assist power steering right - I've heard complaints about the systems in other cars.

I don't know how I feel about this. I need more time to process it.

Love the look of it, but the reveal event was a bit shit. They revealed no details at all, and I ended up seeing more of Duran Duran than the bloody car.

I'm also hoping they got the electric assist power steering right - I've heard complaints about the systems in other cars.

Mazda somehow does it right. My 2 has loads of feel and ounce-perfect weight. I honestly think the press photos make the car look very strange. However, I think it looks really nice from photos "in-the-flesh"
IMG_10601127894450.jpeg

To me its very Z3/Z4 like. Z3 proportions and massing with Z4 type of detailing.

Last edited:
How far are the "JDM development target" specs that Topgearfanatic put up from what we can actually expect?

Awesome. Now I just need to save monies wait for Abarth/Alfa version.

WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!

That is all.

Hmm, the front end looks like cross-breeding a GT86 with a Peugeot, the tail lights remind me of the current Jaguar XK. The front is too low, the rear too high, it seems a bit unbalanced.

Even though the first generation has pop-up headlights I like the second generation the most.

:shutupandtakemymoney:

453.gif

Yep, it's an MX-5 alright. Want.

But what of the Alfa Spyder? They are still making it...right?

Looks like a scowling Japanese person.

I bet the Mazda executives will be annoyed with the guy who left his tablet sitting haphazardly on the dashboard when the press shots were being taken.

Hmm, the front end looks like cross-breeding a GT86 with a Peugeot, the tail lights remind me of the current Jaguar XK. The front is too low, the rear too high, it seems a bit unbalanced.

I also see GT86 and Peugeot in there, looks like someone sat on the front of a GT86 and squashed it. The small wheels also remind me of the GT86, they look much smaller than on the previous model and look too small.

Ignoring the front and the wheels though I like it. It's certainly still and MX-5. Shame they couldn't put pop-up headlights in though, retro design is still going strong.

:puking rainbows:

Mazda, please, come back to Brazil!
I promise I'll (try to) buy one!

Looks pretty nice. Coming from a cold-weather part of the world, however, I do wonder if this new version will have the choice of a retractable hardtop the way the last generation did.