FinalGear's Most Beautiful Cars Results! pt1

^Why not come over to Singapore right now and feast your eyes? :p Over here, we've got at least 1 such car for every 2 block of flats. And considering 75% of the population lives in a flat, excluding those who live in condos and landed properties... Do the equation and you get what I mean ;)

Not to be picky, but as a Shelby guy I can't help but point out that the GT350 in the image is a bit odd-looking.

Edit: must be the chin spoiler.

Yea it does look odd, and I think it might be a clone. Those cars usually had the front bumper taken off too.

My kind of shelby:

desktop.jpg

Whoever voted for the CX, you guys are awesome. Big Citroens FTW!

That had to be me :) I was going to vote for the DS, but I figured everyone would forget about its brilliant successor, so I decided to give it a couple, to remind everyone that it existed.

BTW, great job, teeb. +repped as deserved :)

Who voted for the Peugeot 205? Idiot.

And Loz, you shouldn't have been the only person to vote for the Frogeyed Sprite. There should have been no votes for it. Although at least it looks bad, as opposed to just boring like the 205. It may have been the 'car of the decade' but there are too many of them. 15 years is too long without a change.

Who voted for the Peugeot 205? Idiot.

And Loz, you shouldn't have been the only person to vote for the Frogeyed Sprite. There should have been no votes for it. Although at least it looks bad, as opposed to just boring like the 205. It may have been the 'car of the decade' but there are too many of them. 15 years is too long without a change.

You are making me regret giving you that +rep in Random thoughts. Be civil.

Yea it does look odd, and I think it might be a clone. Those cars usually had the front bumper taken off too.

My kind of shelby:

desktop.jpg

The one pictured was a 67 GT350 (often forgotten because the GT500 was released the same year and pretty much overshadowed the little 350)

Some weird votes showing up there - I'm responsible for the Peugeot 205 btw. :) It may not apply to today, but just ten years ago, it needn't to hide because it was showing its age compared to brand new models, and that's something in that segment!

Last edited:
http://img180.imageshack.**/img180/6718/logoqb8.jpg
^ I'm using this logo to show a post with an update in it

Another update!

Just fyi, any problems with the pictures or text is probably my fault, and I'll probaly pass the buck onto google. Either way, if you spot something, point it out so I can correct it. :)

Four Point Cars

http://img291.imageshack.**/img291/9637/4pointsnn9.jpg

Audi RS4 - The Audi RS4 has been declared the International Performance Car of the Year 2007, and is Audi's most successful comeback to the M3 yet. Built in the same factory as the R8, the RS in RS4 stands for "Renn Sport". There you go.
Chrysler Concorde (2004) - The original Concorde was based on a Lamborghini concept designed by Chrysler designer Kevin Verduyn. The 2004 version's design came in in 1998, and it went out of production in 2004.
Cord 812 - The Cord 812, unusually, was a front-wheel drive car in a rear wheel drive market. It stood almost a foot taller than it's contemporaries, but ended production in 1937 and again in 1940, and the Cord production ended making kitchen cabinets, Jeep bodies, bomber parts and dishwashers right through until 1975.
De Lorean DMC-12 - Famous now for it's part in 'Back to the Future', the DMC-12 was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro. Even with its gullwing doors, the DMC-12 only had 130 bhp in the States, from a Renault engine. Made by inexperienced Northern Irish workers, the DMC-12 was doomed when John DeLorean was charged with drug trafficking (which he was found innocent of).
Dodge Challenger (new) - "Reawakens the child in you (I know it sounds like a slogan but that's exactly how the car looks' affect on you)". The new Dodge Challenger, like the original, is a 2 door coupe with styling cues harking back to the first generation. The very first Challenger off the production line sold at auction for $400,000, which went to charity.
Ferrari 330 America - The Farrari 330 was the replacement to the 250. The first 330 - the 330 America - was in fact a 250 with a larger engine - a 300bhp V12, named Columbo (after the engine's designer - Gioacchino Colombo - not after the detective).
BOSS 302 Mustang - The BOSS 302 Mustang was Ford's attempt to win the SCCA Trans-Am Championship of 1969. It was designed by Larry Shinoda, a former GM employee. Funnily enough, it didn't win in 1969, but did in 1970. The version pictured is the roadgoing version.
Current Ford Mustang - "Does the 1967 model a lot of justice". Designed under Sid Ramnarace, the design of the current Stang was called "retro futurism" by J Mays, Ford's Senior Vice President of Design. Yes, we know, it has lolsprings underneath, but remains one of the cheapest ways to get "bang for your buck".
Lamborghini Revent?n - The most powerful and expensive Lambo to date, costing one million euros, this Lambo's styling is influenced by the F-22 Raptor. It even has a built-in G-Force meter in the dashboard. Revent?n, by the way, is the name of a fighting bull. It's pronounced reh-bent-ohn.
Lancia Stratos - "The street-going version of the famous rally car.". But I've put a photo up of the rally version; because I can. Only 492 of the road-going Stratoses (Strati?) were made, designed by Marcello Gandini, head designer at Bertone. The rally version won the Group 4 Rally Championships in 1974, 75 and 76.
Land Rover Range Rover - "The Range Rover, I think is not only the best looking SUV/4x4 but one of the best looking cars of all. It has over the years remained true to it's roots as it was right from day 1.". The third-generation Rangey was planned and developed under BMW, and was meant to be an AWD flagship to complement the 7-series. By the time of launch, though, LR was owned by Ford.
Lexus IS-F - The IS-F is the first vehicle in the F-line of cars by Lexus; and for a first attempt it's not at all bad. The chief designer was Yukihiko Yaguchi, whose previous credits include the Toyota Supra. It features an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Mercedes Benz McLaren SLR 722 Edition - The 722 refers to Stirling Moss's 722-numbered 300 SLR that took 1st place in the Mille Miglia in 1955. The 722 edition comes with 650bhp and a 0-60 time of 2.9 seconds.
Nissan 350Z - "So edgy", said one of you. The 350Z is the 5th generation Z-car, designed by Ajay Panchal of Nissan Design America, and won Car of the Year 2004 from Top Gear Magazine, along with many other awards. One special edition - the GT4 - was designed by the team behind Gran Turismo 4, and each GT4 bought came with a PS2 and a copy of the game in the boot.
Pontiac GTO (1970) - Sales of the GTO were headed downhill when the 1970 model was brought in. It didn't boost sales at all. The hidden headlights were thrown out in favour of 4 rectangular ones at the front, and the overall effect is certainly startling.
Saab Sonett / 94 - The first Saab Sonett (originally known as the 94) was designed by Rolf Mellde. The name came from his blurting out in Swedish of "S? n?tt den ?r" - "How neat it is". Only 6 were made, in secret.

Five Points

http://img177.imageshack.**/img177/1672/5pointswn5.jpg

BMW 507 - The 507 was designed by Count Albrecht von Goertz, after a BMW importer pushed for a roadster version of the 502. The 507 took BMW to the edge of bankruptcy, and only 252 were ever built - one of which was Elvis Presley's.
BMW M5 E39 - The E39 M5 was the first not to be built at the M-factory; instead it was built on the same line as all the other 5-serieses. Just over 20,000 were eventually made of these V8-powered Q cars, producing 395bhp.
Bugatti Royale - Properly known as the Bugatti Type 41, the Royale is one of the most extreme luxury cars ever built. It was 21 feet (6.4m) long, weighed over 3,000kg, and was powered by a 12.7 litre straight-8. It's wheels were 24 inches in diameter, and only 6 were built. Amazingly, all 6 survive today.
Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale - The original 360 was styled by Pininfarina, and Ferrari built the CS version to be a stripped-down, hardcore race version. The CS lost 110kg compared to the original, which meant that 0 to 60 took 4.2 seconds.
Hispano Suiza H6C Dubonnet Xenia Coupe by Saoutchik - the Dubonnet, as I'm calling it to save time and space, was made to showoff Andre Dubonnet's independent suspension, which (as a result of the car) was sold to Alfa Romeo, GM, Fiat, and Delahaye. Jaques Saoutchikdesigned it to be an avante-garde interpretation of the teardrop.
Jaguar XF - The XF replaced the controversial-looking S-Type in 2008. Designed by Ian Callum, it's a step away from the previously-retro design language of recent Jaguars. Callum says, "Jaguars should be perceived as cool cars, and cool cars attract interesting, edgy people.". Cool it may or may not be, but with only 5 points, it's not a huge looker in our poll.
Jaguar XJ (current) - "The Jaguar XJ is to me the best looking saloon car ever made. I happen to like the current generation the most." The most recent XJ has a mild facelift from the previous generation, which was criticized for not being different enough from the last. Most road tests, though, have put the XJ either first or just behind the S-Class.
Toyota Supra (mk 4) - The 4th generation Supra was a leap towards a more powerful sportscar compared to its predecessors. It had rounded body styling and a choice of two engines - a naturally-aspirated 220bhp motor and a twin-turbo 276bhp version.
Triumph Spitfire - This was a Triumph; I'm making a note here - huge success. The Spitfire - codenamed the 'Bomb' in development - was a British two-seat sportscar. 95,000 of the model pictured - the 1500 - were built, for Europe and the US alike. Powered by a straight-4 engine, the Spitfire cost ?3631/$5,995, new, in a strange coincidence with the ?1/$2 dollar rate of today.
Volvo 262 Coupe - The 262 coupe was designed by Bertone, the Italian coachbuilder, and came with custom body work and interior. The custom body work consisted of a chopped roof and a more raked windshield.

There you go! Plan is to get 6 and 7 points out tomorrow, 8 and 9 Friday, and then have the weekend off as I'm away.

Last edited:
None of mine are up yet. AND WHO THE HELL VOTED FOR THE CHRYSLER CONCORDE!?!?!?!?!? AND THAT GHASTLY FERRARI 330 GT?!?!?!??

Two of my cars are up already. Got a 1 pointer and a 3 pointer.

Volvo P1800 - Famous for being driven in 'The Saint' by Roger Moore, the Volvo P1800 only stepped into it's screen role when Jaguar decided it's E-type was already famous enough and didn't need more publicity. A P1800S has the current Guinness World Record for highest mileage - in October 2007, the P1800S went past the 4,184,294 kilometers (km) mark (2,600,000 mile).

I think the P1800ES looks nicer than the regular one.

Last edited:
Heh...seems I was the only one to vote for my bottom 4 ones: 787B, Fiat 500, Saab 96 and Sonett. I'm quite surprised no one else voted for the 500 though.

My Duesenberg is out, everything else is staying alive.