FinalGear's Most Beautiful Cars Results! pt1

Wow, another one of mine down with the Cobra. I was hoping it would break into the top 10. Only 3 remaining for me! Hopefully at least one gets in

Wow, another one of mine down with the Cobra. I was hoping it would break into the top 10. Only 3 remaining for me! Hopefully at least one gets in

Im surprised it made it this far. Excellent car but not sure about the looks.

My #1 (the cobra) is now gone. My #2 has to be in the top 10 though.

I lost my #2, the Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic. I've got a few more to go.

As I expected, the Atlantic has way more points than the gorgeous Talbot Lago. Shame on you, shame on you... :)

http://img180.imageshack.**/img180/6718/logoqb8.jpg

Update!

Today's Trivia : Whenever I open my ranking-spreadsheet of joy it always opens looking at the 3-pointers. Why can't it open at the top like a sensible program?

25 points

http://img168.imageshack.**/img168/8526/25pointskv3.jpg

Porsche Carrera GT

The Porsche Carrera GT was first seen as a concept car at the 2001 Paris Auto Salon. The Carrera GT was completely new design. The idea came from Porsche's successful motorsports division and the Porsche WSC-95 Le Mans prototype. After winning Le Mans twice in 1996 and 1997, Porsche tried an old 5.5 litre V10 engine for 1999 but it was shelved after just two days. Fortunately, it was used in a one-off concept that was well received, so production began two years later.

The Carrera GT was the first limited-numbers Porsche since the 959, and it was one of the few cars that could be seen as a competitor to the Ferrari Enzo. The Carrera GT was $218,000 cheaper, 48 bhp worse off and 15kg heavier, but truth be told the cars are closely matched enough that in a race the winner would be decided by driver skill.

Originally, 1500 were planned, but only 1270 were built. Porsche stopped after airbag regulations changed in the US, as well as the fact that sales were slowing down. Porsche claim that 75 patents were filed during the Carrera GT's development.

Mmmmm Carrera GT :heart: Proof that Porsche CAN design different looking cars but doesn't want to :)

My 5th - Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic is gone. I have 3 more to go. Hopefully at least two will make it in the top ten. Ilpav: ambitious, but rubbish! :D

Last edited:
As I expected, the Atlantic has way more points than the gorgeous Talbot Lago. Shame on you, shame on you... :)

I prefer the rear of the Atlantic to the Talbot-Lago, though as I said on the 7th page it would be on my list if I could choose a few more cars. I've seen a Delahye styled by Figoni et Falaschi in real life, and looks so different compared to the other cars of that time.
So I'm sure the Talbot-Lago would be just as striking as the Atlantic, but the Bugatti does look a little better in my opinion.

Well the Rolls-Royce Phantom is the best looking car currently in production. Think about it, it is, you know it is. Theres nothing that can compare to it, its a Rolls-Royce so by defult it is the best there is.

Well the Rolls-Royce Phantom is the best looking car currently in production. Think about it, it is, you know it is. Theres nothing that can compare to it, its a Rolls-Royce so by defult it is the best there is.

The Phantom is just an elongated box on wheels.

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear. They've all been sorted, so that the 1 pointers are at the top and the most-pointers are at the bottom. When the spreadsheet opens up it decides to scroll down a little bit all by itself.

It's a minor thing, really.

I guess that when you saved it, your active cell was in one of the rows with 3 point cars. Just click an cell at the top (or bottom) and save the spreadsheet again ;)

http://img180.imageshack.**/img180/6718/logoqb8.jpg

Update!

Today's Trivia :
Hajj's solution fixed the problem. Cheers!

26 points

http://img176.imageshack.**/img176/5374/26pointsst4.jpg

Aston Martin V8 Vantage (new)

The V8 Vantage was based on the AMV8 concept in 2003, with production cars being shown at Geneva in 2005 and actually being delivered in 2006. The V8 Vantage is meant to be a more accessible and more affordable Aston, and also to compete with the Porsche 911. It was also described as the best looking car available in 2006 by readers of Car Design News.

The V8 Vantage is powered - oddly enough - by a V8, albeit one that has 4.3 litres and gives out 380bhp. It has the curious distinction of being the most tested Aston Martin ever - 78 test mules were used, and collectively they covered more than a million miles.

The V8 Vantage retails for ?79,000 or US$110,000, comes with options of a manual or some flappy paddles, and a convertible option is available. The convertible was the first AM released outwith Ford ownership. There's also a version tweaked by Prodrive, an N400 with tuned engine and chassis, and a V12 Vantage RS concept, using the DBRS9's V12 and has 600 bhp. Production of this last one is due to start in the summer of 2009.

The Vantage?? :idiot: Over the Type 57SC Atlantic, GT40, Ferrari Dino etc?