FinalGear's Most Beautiful Cars Results! pt1

Some gorgeous cars here that I didn't have enough space to vote for! :wub:

Woot. Theres my 635 BMW

Glad to see I'm not the only fan of cars from the 1930s and, more specifically, of the Alfa Romeos :)

http://img180.imageshack.**/img180/6718/logoqb8.jpg

Update! Let me introduce a new feature for 'double-digit' updates - each new update post now, I'm going to include a piece of trivia. A snippet of information. It may hint at future posts, it may not.

Today's Trivia : Shame on you, Renault! Not a single one of your cars received a vote.

10 point cars

http://img238.imageshack.**/img238/5913/10pointswe1.jpg

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 - The TZ2 was the followup to the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ. It featured new fibreglass bodywork, meaning the car only weighed 620kg. It was a racing car, with 170bhp and a 152mph top speed. Only 12 were made, and today they sell for up to $200,000.
Chevrolet El Camino SS (1970s) - I assume this is the generation meant - the 1969 to 1972 version. The El Camino, a Jalopnik favourite, was given the Chevy V8 for the first time in 1969 in the 'SS' version. The El Camino may be returning soon to America, as GM are hoping to import the Holden Ute, and are asking you to choose its name.
Ferrari 512 TR - The 512TR is an updated Ferrari Testarossa (which means 'red head'). It had a 4.9 litre, 428 horsepower flat-12 engine, a Pininfarina-designed body, and a top speed of 192mph. The original Testarossa was famous after appearing in Miama Vice.
Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina - As the name suggests, the P4/5 was designed by Pininfarina on behalf of James Glickenhaus, a film director and stock exchange magnate. Originally a Ferrari Enzo, the brief was to create "a modern Ferrari P". On seeing the car, Luca di Montezemolo, President of Ferrari, decided it deserved to bear the Ferrari name, unlike many custom Ferrari-based projects.
Koenigsegg CCX - CCX stands for Competition Coupe X, and the X represents the 10th anniversary of the first CC-car's test drive. It has a top speed of 245mph and will hit 100mph in 7.7 seconds. Famed for its "Top Gear Wing", it is one of the few cars the Stig has actively crashed.
Morgan Aeromax - The Aeromax is a coupe version of the Aero 8. Originally conceived as a one-off for a rich Swiss banker, the Aeromax was designed by student intern Matthew Humphries. The reaction - both in the press and by the public - was so positive Morgan has started a production run of 100. Richard Hammond, Rowan Atkinson and Paul O'Grady are known customers.
Porsche 911 (930) - The 930 was the Porsche 911 Turbo for between 1975 and 1989. When introduced it was the fastest car available in Germany. A 'slantnose' version, with popup headlights, was also made available.
Talbot-Lago T150C SS Goutte d'Eau by Figoni et Falaschi - The 'Goutte d'Eau' (also known as 'the Teardrop') was "probably the most famous of all the "streamlined" cars of the late 30s. My favourite is chassis 90107, whose fully skirted front and rear wheels give it a very futuristic look." I've pictured 90107 for your viewing pleasure, anonymous commenter.
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia - The VW Karmann Ghia was a joint effort on behalf of three firms - Volkswagen, and its Beetle underpinnings, Karmann, the German coachbuilder who built the bodywork (by hand), and Ghia, the Italian design and coachbuilding firm. Almost 450,000 were built in its 19 year production run.

Next stop is 11 points, which is exciting as it guarantees that the car will have been voted for by more than one person. Tomorrow night, you know where to look...

Last edited:
Didn't get any 10ers

Huh? I didn't think I'd be the only one to vote for the CCX. Also voted the Karmann-Ghia as #3. Got #2, #4 and #5 left now...

2nd Generation camaro still chugging along! Owning european supercars left and right!

In tribute to my favorite car i present this song to you all, It represents all you need to know about the joys of camaro ownership. I will convert you snobs yet!:

[youtube=-G81xwG4xQU]3 minutes of pure bitchin'[/youtube]

Last edited:
That song was.... odd.

YAY! I'm the only one that voted for the El Camino. I thought so.

2nd Generation camaro still chugging along! Owning european supercars left and right!

in tribute i present this song to you all, It represents all you need to know about camaro ownership. I will convert you snobs yet!:

[youtube=-G81xwG4xQU]3 minutes of pure bitchin'[/youtube]

If I didn't have absolute proof, I would swear you were 13 years old. Even still, its hard to believe you aren't.

If I didn't have absolute proof, I would swear you were 13 years old. Even still, its hard to believe you aren't.

I'm with you there fox.

So a crazy song is something besides cool now? I'm sorry for my lack of dignity and stoic maturity on a random internet forum, i suppose i am truly immature and intolerable. :shakefist:

^ I think you're missing the whole point of this contest. It's not some pissing parade where you can say "HAHA OMFGZ CAMARO RULZ", it's about having a list of what the general public considers the most beautiful cars. That's right, it's a beauty contest.

We have respectful discussions about the cars, not louting around like you're doing.

So a crazy song is something besides cool now? I'm sorry for my lack of dignity and stoic maturity on a random internet forum, i suppose i am truly immature and intolerable. :shakefist:

My shakefist is put to good use <3

And that song rocks.

Teeb- that is totally not the Guilia anybody meant, their were multiple Guilias, but i guarentee you they didn't mean that one, maybe one of these!

Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-SS-Sprint-Speciale-fa-lr.jpg

street_1600spider.jpg

1971_alfaromeo_giulia_2000_gtv_02_m.jpg

5-alfaGiulia.jpg

Phlog_Alfa_Giulia_GTV.jpg

The 288 is the only one of mine revealed so far. Doing well

Teeb- that is totally not the Guilia anybody meant, their were multiple Guilias, but i guarentee you they didn't mean that one, maybe one of these!

You're right; I double-checked and it turns out I made a mistake in the totting-up process. I've punished myself and corrected the original post. Oddly enough it's none of the Guilias you posted...

And, to say 'sorry for the whoopsy', here's an early update.

http://img180.imageshack.**/img180/6718/logoqb8.jpg

It gets exciting now - every car from here on in had guaranteed at least two different people vote for it. There will be fewer massive updates with 16 cars in it, and hopefully I can give a little more info about each.

Today's Trivia - 54% of the manufacturers whose cars were voted for were European. 30% were American, 14% were Japanese and 2% were Australian. This was worked out by doing (number of manufacturers from region / total number of manufacturers). It also doesn't tell us much except that there are more small 'cottage industry' manufacturers in Yurp than elsewhere.

11 point cars

http://img153.imageshack.**/img153/3/11pointsip0.jpg

Datsun 240Z - "A Japanese classic, long hood and short rear end, coupled with RWD and a potent engine for the day make this an amazing car. One of the first big import success stories in the US." The 240Z was the first 'Z-car', Nissan/Datsun's line of sports cars. The design was led by Yutaka Katayama (President of Nissan USA), who was in charge of a 10-strong design team.

Originally, Nissan wanted a 2-seater coupe car to act as a 'halo model', to attract buyers to the marque. If you impress them with a sports car, you can flog them a Bluebird and claim it shares the genes. It was worked on originally with Yamaha, but Nissan execs were disappointed in Yamaha's 2 litre engine, and gave up on the concept (designed by the German Albrecht Goertz). Yamaha kept working on it, though, and it ended up as the Toyota 2000GT (albeit redesigned).

The brief for the 240Z was to be stylish, innovative, fast and relatively inexpensive, by sharing parts with other vehicles in the Nissan range. It was a large success for Nissan, and the Z-car range has the honour of being the best-selling sports car*, with over 1,600,000 sales throughout the five generations.

Pure sports car, doesn't include muscle cars

Ferrari F430 - The Ferrari F430 was the replacement to the Ferrari F360. It looks similar, but there are differences to spot - it is more curvaceous, more aerodynamic, and has more downforce. The biggest change is at the rear - the F430 features Enzo-style rear lights and interior vents.

The car has a new joint Ferrari-Maserati developed V8 for power. It's a depature from other Ferrari V8s, which can all trace their roots back to the 50s Dino racing program. It has a 4.3 litre engine capacity, 483 bhp and throws the F430 up to a top speed of 197mph.

The other major new feature for the F430 was the Manettino. A steering wheel - mounted dial which came to the road cars from Ferrari F1 cars, the Manettino allows you to tell the car the conditions, and it adjusts its systems accordingly - the 5 presets are 'ice', 'low grip', 'sport', 'race', and 'cst' - which deactivates all the traction control.

The F430 is now available in coupe, convertible (Spider), GT2 (racing car), GT3 (another racing car) and Scuderia (lighter, more powerful) flavours.

Last edited:
I was going to say the Datsun 280Z.... but I didn't have room.

http://img255.imageshack.**/img255/8276/mvc665fck3.jpg
Still a great looking car IMO