FinalGear's Most Beautiful Cars

teeb

Car(s)
old Saab 9-3 coup?
I wanted to call this FinalGear's Cars that're Really Aesthetically Pleasing, or FinalGear's C.R.A.P for short, but I wasn't allowed.

Okay, so this thread brought up plenty disagreements and arguments. I thought we'd try it for ourselves.

So here is FinalGear's Most Beautiful Cars. In the style of Overheat's Top 100 Cars, except we're just going on looks this time.

What you need to do. If you want to participate, I want you to PM me, with your 10 best-looking cars. Number them 10 to 1, with 1 being your favourite of all. Please bear in mind this is only on the subject of looks. The car may have been a stinker, but if it looks good it's eligible.

Please give me the car make, name, and generation (eg Ssangyong Rodius 1st generation). If you want to give a snippet of text saying why you like the car, please do. It's not necessary, but I might use some anonymously in my 'car summaries' in the results.

What I'll do is I'll take all the results and give each car a certain number of points (If it's given a 10, it gets 1 point, if it's given a 1 it gets 10 points). I'll totalise all the results and then start a new thread which will give, definitively, FinalGear's best-looking cars, along with pictures and a quick write-up of each.

All the important stuff should be in bold.

My list removed, but since nobody but me will vote for it anyway, i'll leave my number 1 in :D As i've said in many threads now:

10444-1979-Chevrolet-Camaro.jpg

1.Chevrolet Camaro 2nd Generation
Smooth sweeping body lines and racecar proportions (long hood, short trunk) make this a classic pony car, a step up from the boxy first generation

Last edited:
Why not give a car 10 points if it scores a 10 and give it 1 point when it scores a 1? It's so much simpler.

Why not give a car 10 points if it scores a 10 and give it 1 point when it scores a 1? It's so much simpler.

Because the winning car doesn't come 10th!

I want your personal rankings - "My 10th favourite is x, my 9th favourite is y" and so on. All the way down to "my number one best looking car is ___".

If you want you could do it by '10 points - x, 9 points - y'. As long as you make it clear you're doing that. If it's just 10 - x, 9 - y, I'll assume the method I suggested in the first post.

I'll double check each PM, so if there's an obvious mistake in numbering - a Ssangyong at number 1 - I can ask the person.

Ok. I got a bit confused. You can do it like this: #1 car gets 10 points and give #10 car, 1 point.

I PM'ed you my list and it's #1=best.

Last edited:
Quick thing - could I ask you not to post your lists for the moment please? When the voting's over, please, be my guest.

It's just so we don't give people preconceptions - "Oh, he's voted this and I like this car so I'll vote that too" - and they have to think for themselves.

Sorry and thanks! Keep the entries coming in.

teeb I like your idea, but we need more people involved. I sent my entry.

I will put the link to this thread in my sig.

I thought you meant member's cars when I saw the topic :)

Ok, I'll give it a thought later.

P.S. Small warning, it's a shitload of work finding (and possibly editing) pictures and compiling short-but-interesting facts writeup for each and every car ;) I finished our best cars from 60's vote thing after Overheat some time ago, and it was a lot more than I expected. That's probably why we never got to do 70's, 80's and so on. Good luck, tho :)

This is going to be difficult, I'm going to have to give it some thought. I'll PM you when I do come up with it. How are the entries so far, got a good amount of participation?

PM'ed my answers.... And I guarantee I'm the only one that voted for at least 2 of them.

Didn't someone start a voting like this a long time ago? Anyway, you'll have my votes in your inbox tomorrow :)

Didn't someone start a voting like this a long time ago? Anyway, you'll have my votes in your inbox tomorrow :)

There was a 'FinalGear Cars of the 60s', and 'FinalGear Top 100 cars', by Overheat (and later MXM), and that's roughly what I'm basing it off.

Thanks for the bump though :)

Ok, I've submitted my answers. I just know I've left out some cars that, when I realise what I've done, I'm gonna wanna add in and revise my list...:p

Is there a deadline? I just saw this thread but won't be able to send my list before Sunday as I'm just about to leave for the week end.

Is there a deadline? I just saw this thread but won't be able to send my list before Sunday as I'm just about to leave for the week end.

It'll be open for at least another week, I'll see how we're set for entries next weekend.

And in the meantime I'll keep spamming it elsewhere :)