Ownership Verified: Finally: 2001 Jaguar XKR coupe.

Someone suggested I get an XK, I think this generation looks amazing and would definitely get one if it actually met any of the requirements for my new car. :p

The sound never gets old too.

Yeah it is definitely more grand tourer than sports car; it really feels a lot more like my old V8 XJR than anything else. Even my old XJR6 felt more nimble through tight corners.

Yup, and eventually ended up on Cars and Bids after a bit of a makeover.

And here I thought the new owner wanted to part it out for the drive train.. at least that's the story I heard when he picked it up. I did one of theast drives before the stranger came and picked it up. It was nice, but felt like scaled down too much to fit me.

I should buy a Jag...

sophiscated_cat.jpg

And here I thought the new owner wanted to part it out for the drive train.. at least that's the story I heard when he picked it up. I did one of theast drives before the stranger came and picked it up. It was nice, but felt like scaled down too much to fit me.
It seem like Jaguar had given up on the "space" part of grace, pace, and space by that point. Here's the last known sighting of the car. https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KPvzxRlq/1995-jaguar-xjr

1647798773668.png

Back out of winter hibernation and with a new O2 sensor on the driver's side. That was a bitch and a half to install, to the point where the Jag shop I go to told me to install it myself after they diagnosed the problem rather than offering to do it.

They sell corgis at the Jaguar dealership!?

They sell corgis at the Jaguar dealership!?
Most British thing to sell, jaguar'n'corgis, message approved by the late corgie owner from England.

jaguar'n'corgis
If that isn't a name for sausage & potatoes/fish & chips in a pub somewhere I'll be extremely disappointed.

"I'll have the jag & corgis and he'll have tea on the London underground, please." - tea on the London Underground would be a pasta dish with sauce. It's been a long week, leave me alone. 😐

Last edited:
Well this blows. While trying to reseal a leaky valve cover gasket, two of the bolts decided to disassemble themselves while I was tightening them. I may just bite the bullet and, after getting a professional to extract the bolt bits, install a new valve cover and bolts that haven't been heat-cycled.

IMG_0506.jpeg