Ownership Verified: Finally: 2001 Jaguar XKR coupe.

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR #XJR, #Saab #9-3 #9-5 #900
After years of looking, dreaming, and drooling, I finally have one.

(proof pic incoming)

The good:
-Damn it's good-looking
-Damn it's fast
-Damn that V8 roars (rear muffler delete)
-Damn it's comfortable after a long drive home

The bad:
-Damn those supercharger bearings shouldn't be growling like that
-Damn that front end clunks
-Damn that 2000 RPM drone gets tiresome
-Damn check engine light

Was this the one in Ohio? Such a handsome car, love it! ?

Awesome car.
Whys the drone there at 2k rpm? Is it cause of the muffler delete?

Last edited:
Yup; the rear muffler had resonating tendencies that were lost with the delete.

:thumbsup:

Now that looks mean, fantastic!

Perfect replacement for the XJR! Me mad jelly! :D

Current status: mid-refurbishment.

Needs a whole bunch of cooling system hoses, front suspension work, and supercharger rebuild. Should be back on the road soonish.

Whoa, long time no update. It's running great now, still needs a bit of work to remove one last suspension clunk, and the exhaust is still on the drone-y side of sporty, but I can avoid that with a simple downshift.

Latest fix is replacements for faded key fob buttons. Thanks Ford parts bin for making this a cheap fix!

Attachments

• photo17513.png
    photo17513.png
    703 KB · Views: 176
How much did the supercharger rebuild set you back? You can PM me if you don't want to advertise it, or just tell me to sod off, it is none of my business. ;)

Totaled about $110 in parts including new supercharger gear oil, but it was only a partial rebuild. I swapped out the rear needle bearings and the coupler between the pulley and the rotors, but left the snout bearings and the middle rotor pack bearings alone as they didn't sound that bad and I didn't have access to the necessary tools or machine shop.

For some reason I can’t see the pics but congrats on the V8 powered Barca lounger... a gorgeous one (I presume, since I can’t see the photos) at that.

Mirror selfie. Also need to make an exhaust video at some point now that I've replaced the center muffler with an X-pipe; I'm probably going to put the stock rear resonators back on before my next road trip, as it's quite loud right now and still drones at cruising speed.

Attachments

• photo17570.jpg
    photo17570.jpg
    642.8 KB · Views: 152
Put on a set of 2005 quad-pipe rear resonators, and now the car is on the quiet side, but when I go WOT they still bellow accordingly. Now prepping the BBS Milans from a Dallas junkyard (thanks to Spectre for checking them out) with a replacement trim ring and wax before they get mounted with new tires.

Attachments

• photo17625.jpg
    photo17625.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 151
Mounted on the car with a set of new Continental SureContact RX tires. Plenty of room in the wheel wells but this is meant for road trips rather than show, so I'll happily take a bit more suspension travel. As for the quad exhaust, they hang a bit low because the 2005 bumpers are deeper, but from most angles it's not so huge a gap that it looks massively dangly.
Dnke67YV4AA9EMY.jpg

Dnke67bUwAA9Qlk.jpg

Dnke67aV4AA3hDP.jpg