Ownership Verified: Finally got myself a German soft top

nicjasno

BMW Perfectionist
DONOR
Car(s)
'89 BMW E30 325iT, '95 BMW E36 318ti compact
You have not bought a Volvo 850 T5 wagon ... i am dissapoint.

Last edited:

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Nice car! :cool:

Glad you found learning manual fun, I'm still learning day by day but its honest to goodness fun and I honestly wouldnt want to drive any other way.

As for the iPod integration issue....is there any way you can simply route a USB port to a conviente spot? Reason why I ask is that there's strong rumor's that Apple will significantly change the Dock Connector with the next gen iDevices. You wouldn't want to "update" your audio system only for it to be obsolete months later.

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
Interesting, in Germany only the 3.2's have these dual pipes, the 1.8t has the single pipe on the left....nice Golf 4 though! ;)

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
Nice hairdresser's car :p Trying to one-up the Miata owners I guess :p

all kidding aside, have fun and watch out for snap oversteer.

Interesting, in Germany only the 3.2's have these dual pipes, the 1.8t has the single pipe on the left....nice Golf 4 though! ;)

Nope, only the 180hp 1.8t has the single pipe, the 225hp 1.8t got the dual pipe as well. Even in Germany.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
One thing that really surprised me was the stiffness of the suspension. You'd think it would make the hairdressers uncomfortable :lol:

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
You have not bought a Volvo 850 T5 wagon ... i am dissapoint.

I owned a Volvo 850 T5 Wagon, even with its handling issues a TT is a far better car.

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
That's funny because CR540 is planning on following up the TT with a Mustang GT :lol:

Heh. The funny thing was my old '97 Mustang was never known as a handling king, but the difference between it and the Volvo was incredible. I was awed at how well put the Mustang was compared to the whale of a car that the Volvo was.

M_Bolc

Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 1.2TFSI
The door thing: you need a new latch or take it appart and resolder some connections. Look in vwvotex.com, in the MK4 forums for a DIY. My internet connection is having a fit so I can't load the page for you.

Enjoy the 1.8t, I miss mine dearly.

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Regarding the door issue check this out..

Pulled off the rubber wire sheath to try to find the ripped wire, but they all seemed intact. So either the 2 ends have disappeared into the door/body, or the wire is ripped inside the plastic insulation. Either way it doesn't seem like it will be fun.

I didn't have access to the internet on Saturday and I didn't remember what color wire to look for though, so I'll try again tonight and see if I can find the green/yellow one.

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
I've told you (and anyone within earshot) this many, many times, but in your quest to avoid a Miata you managed to buy the only car that thoroughly outgays a Miata. :p

Those Z3 sellers really missed out. But I've always had a soft spot for the first-gen TTs, and yours looks awesome. First cars are always fun, so it's gratifying to see yours with a soft top and a manual.

Enjoy it, and I still want to drive it.

CrzRsn

Car(s)
I've told you (and anyone within earshot) this many, many times, but in your quest to avoid a Miata you managed to buy the only car that thoroughly outgays a Miata. :p

Those Z3 sellers really missed out. But I've always had a soft spot for the first-gen TTs, and yours looks awesome. First cars are always fun, so it's gratifying to see yours with a soft top and a manual.

Enjoy it, and I still want to drive it.

Its not my first car :p

Speaking of which, look what I parked next to yesterday

JimCorrigan

Car(s)
HMCS Velvet Glove; The Last Samurai
I know I said I'm not a huge Mk1 TT fan, but screw that. I'm jealous. You have a soft top, and a damn fine looking one at that. During these summer months, what could be better?

CrzRsn

Car(s)

1000 mile birthday happened today while I was in New Hampshire. Shes just a little bit dirty.

Last edited:

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
1000 mile birthday happened today while I was in New Hampshire. Shes just a little bit dirty.

I think a better word would be "anniversary" since it wasn't born 1000 miles ago (you two met 1000 miles ago). :p

CrzRsn

Car(s)
I think a better word would be "anniversary" since it wasn't born 1000 miles ago (you two met 1000 miles ago). :p

Yes, that seems more fitting. We're now rolling up to our 3000 mile anniversary.

Also, the problems cometh!
Full description of my issue here - http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=288813

I've got to say, for the control freaks that they are, Audi was very nice to add this cool (and useful) diagnostic tool.

Last edited: