Ownership Verified: Finally got myself a German soft top

I'm pretty sure if I look hard enough I can find the cartridge from my dads old Camry. I'm away of everything it takes to get the iPod adapter in, I'm just saying that someone already went through the trouble of putting this thing in, so I might as well follow the wiring and have it come out near the cup holders.

The car looks great, congrats!

You can leave the cd-changer in place and just disconnect it from behind the radio unit and install a cable for the IPod/Aux thingy in the glovebox.

Regarding the door issue check this out..

The car looks great, congrats!

You can leave the cd-changer in place and just disconnect it from behind the radio unit and install a cable for the IPod/Aux thingy in the glovebox.

Regarding the door issue check this out..

Awesome! I'll have a look tomorrow morning.

Congrats on the car. Always had a soft spot for those cars. Hope it serves you well.

That was some serious snap oversteer in that video...it was like the driver pulled the hand brake...:blink:

Anyway, congrats on the car. Even if it does have some issues it still looks good. :)

Congrats on the new ride! Sure looks purdy!

Just discovered my first set of problems. The first 2 are skin deep and not major - 2 bulbs are burnt out - one in the front, one in the back. Shouldn't affect anything, but if I do fail my inspection because of them, the dealer will replace them for free.
Bulbs that are out is an automatic inspection failure

Cool ride, even if I am not a huge fan on the TT. :D

Nice car! Is that a sort of an ink blue?

I'm sure the snap oversteer was caused by the skeleton sitting in the passenger seat and the driver only noticing it at the 50sec mark. You can hear the skeleton's teeth clatter during the whole video.

What was wrong with a Miata and a supercharger kit? :tease:

Enjoy it anyway.

Just spent all day driving :dance::dance::dance:

That turbo. SOOO MUCH FUN.

Last edited:
It is a great car to ride around in, I can say that much. Now I want a convertible. And probably have a sunburn.

nice car CrazyRussian. Always liked the first generation TTs even if they look a bit girly. Those 1.8T engines are awesome too, my friend has a GTI 337 with most of the parts of your TT (sans one of the turbos) and it's a fun little go-cart :)

nice car CrazyRussian. Always liked the first generation TTs even if they look a bit girly. Those 1.8T engines are awesome too, my friend has a GTI 337 with most of the parts of your TT (sans one of the turbos) and it's a fun little go-cart :)

I actually only have one turbo :lol:. The TT stands for the 'Tourist Trophy' race rather than twin turbo. The GTI 337 has the same 1.8T as the base TT. Its pretty much the same engine as I have with a slightly smaller turbo and 180hp compared to my 225. But the GTI also weighs roughly 400lbs less than the TT so its probably really close to the TT.

Don't do an AUX cable. Then you don't have charging, if you do a single cable with a USB port, then you have digital audio with no analog converting and charging for the iPhone.

Nice TT btw! I'd like to own one at some point just for giggles.

Don't do an AUX cable. Then you don't have charging, if you do a single cable with a USB port, then you have digital audio with no analog converting and charging for the iPhone.

Thats what I meant. One of those that ends right with an iPod plug at the end.

There are cables out there with one iPod plug at one end and separate USB (for charging) and line out (for audio) plugs at the other end. I have one; you can get them on eBay for pretty cheap.

I actually only have one turbo :lol:. The TT stands for the 'Tourist Trophy' race rather than twin turbo. The GTI 337 has the same 1.8T as the base TT. Its pretty much the same engine as I have with a slightly smaller turbo and 180hp compared to my 225. But the GTI also weighs roughly 400lbs less than the TT so its probably really close to the TT.

Guess my friend with the GTI 337 was wrong. He told me the 180HP TT had one turbo (like his 337) and the 225HP TT had two... But yeah I'm sure the weight difference and the Quattro system on your TT vs the FWD chassis on his 337 make them act completely differently.