Ownership Verified: Finally got myself a German soft top

You have not bought a Volvo 850 T5 wagon ... i am dissapoint.

Last edited:
Nice car! :cool:

Glad you found learning manual fun, I'm still learning day by day but its honest to goodness fun and I honestly wouldnt want to drive any other way.

As for the iPod integration issue....is there any way you can simply route a USB port to a conviente spot? Reason why I ask is that there's strong rumor's that Apple will significantly change the Dock Connector with the next gen iDevices. You wouldn't want to "update" your audio system only for it to be obsolete months later.

Interesting, in Germany only the 3.2's have these dual pipes, the 1.8t has the single pipe on the left....nice Golf 4 though! ;)

Nice hairdresser's car :p Trying to one-up the Miata owners I guess :p

all kidding aside, have fun and watch out for snap oversteer.

Interesting, in Germany only the 3.2's have these dual pipes, the 1.8t has the single pipe on the left....nice Golf 4 though! ;)

Nope, only the 180hp 1.8t has the single pipe, the 225hp 1.8t got the dual pipe as well. Even in Germany.

One thing that really surprised me was the stiffness of the suspension. You'd think it would make the hairdressers uncomfortable :lol:

You have not bought a Volvo 850 T5 wagon ... i am dissapoint.

I owned a Volvo 850 T5 Wagon, even with its handling issues a TT is a far better car.

That's funny because CR540 is planning on following up the TT with a Mustang GT :lol:

Heh. The funny thing was my old '97 Mustang was never known as a handling king, but the difference between it and the Volvo was incredible. I was awed at how well put the Mustang was compared to the whale of a car that the Volvo was.

The door thing: you need a new latch or take it appart and resolder some connections. Look in vwvotex.com, in the MK4 forums for a DIY. My internet connection is having a fit so I can't load the page for you.

Enjoy the 1.8t, I miss mine dearly.

Regarding the door issue check this out..

Pulled off the rubber wire sheath to try to find the ripped wire, but they all seemed intact. So either the 2 ends have disappeared into the door/body, or the wire is ripped inside the plastic insulation. Either way it doesn't seem like it will be fun.

I didn't have access to the internet on Saturday and I didn't remember what color wire to look for though, so I'll try again tonight and see if I can find the green/yellow one.

I've told you (and anyone within earshot) this many, many times, but in your quest to avoid a Miata you managed to buy the only car that thoroughly outgays a Miata. :p

Those Z3 sellers really missed out. But I've always had a soft spot for the first-gen TTs, and yours looks awesome. First cars are always fun, so it's gratifying to see yours with a soft top and a manual.

Enjoy it, and I still want to drive it.

I've told you (and anyone within earshot) this many, many times, but in your quest to avoid a Miata you managed to buy the only car that thoroughly outgays a Miata. :p

Those Z3 sellers really missed out. But I've always had a soft spot for the first-gen TTs, and yours looks awesome. First cars are always fun, so it's gratifying to see yours with a soft top and a manual.

Enjoy it, and I still want to drive it.

Its not my first car :p

Speaking of which, look what I parked next to yesterday

I know I said I'm not a huge Mk1 TT fan, but screw that. I'm jealous. You have a soft top, and a damn fine looking one at that. During these summer months, what could be better?

1000 mile birthday happened today while I was in New Hampshire. Shes just a little bit dirty.

Last edited:
1000 mile birthday happened today while I was in New Hampshire. Shes just a little bit dirty.

I think a better word would be "anniversary" since it wasn't born 1000 miles ago (you two met 1000 miles ago). :p

I think a better word would be "anniversary" since it wasn't born 1000 miles ago (you two met 1000 miles ago). :p

Yes, that seems more fitting. We're now rolling up to our 3000 mile anniversary.

Also, the problems cometh!
Full description of my issue here - http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=288813

I've got to say, for the control freaks that they are, Audi was very nice to add this cool (and useful) diagnostic tool.

Last edited: