firefox 3 problem

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
i've been using a beta version of firefox 3 for months, and haven't had any problems

now i installed the official release, and my enter-button doesn't seem to work to open an url, i always have to grab my mouse, and het the go button

and normally, i just type the hostname, and press ctrl-enter, so he adds the www. and .com automatically...which makes it double annoying, caus i have to change the url each time as well

anyone else have this problem?

It works for me, both enter and ctrl+enter. But on this install of windows i havent had any previous versions of FF3, just the official one. So maybe it's a matter of your beta not uninstalling correctly or if you installed over, then it might not have updated correctly.

Just try to completely uninstall, download a fresh copy and install again.

It works for me, both enter and ctrl+enter. But on this install of windows i havent had any previous versions of FF3, just the official one. So maybe it's a matter of your beta not uninstalling correctly or if you installed over, then it might not have updated correctly.

But please save all your bookmarks before you do so ;)

Not really necessary... I uninstalled the pre-release version, then installed FF3, and all my bookmarks are still there.

Yeah I know, I was talking about if he had a FF2 and he had the pre-release installed, if he uninstalls the FF2 all in together it might get him to loose his Bookmarks.

It happened to me and I was pissed and I don't like to see it happening to anyone else ;)

oh, forgot to mention..i did a format in between, not much left of that beta ;)

(applied a crack to nero...suddenly all ants crawling over my screen - fuck)

i always have to grab my mouse, and hit the go button

Where is the Go button on FF3, I just have the address bar and that's it. :?

Oh and I fixed the spelling. :p

^ It appears when typing the URL, its an arrow to the right.

^ I've always had that problem with embedded Youtube videos. They completely overpower my system and even changing the volume lags until I pause the video. And as soon as I click play my laptop's fan revs up to like 11 million RPM. When I view the videos on Youtube itself everything is fine. :confused:

^That's because on Youtube you only have the one video on the page, while somewhere like the Cool Videos thread has a bajillion of them.

Haven't had that particular problem but have had a couple others.

Download window is fuxored.
An add-on crashed it a couple of times.

Oh and I also have the CPU overheat issue when playing Youtube vids, even from their site (same in FF2 tho).

You guys suck at Firefox.

Where is the Go button on FF3, I just have the address bar and that's it. :?

Oh and I fixed the spelling. :p

there's an add-on which makes it visible all the time
don't remember which one though

^That's because on Youtube you only have the one video on the page, while somewhere like the Cool Videos thread has a bajillion of them.
Even when there's only one embedded video on the page my computer still freaks out. :confused: