Firefox problem...

captain_70s

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Three Triumphs and a Volvo estate
Hey,

Got a problem with Firefox, as it updates its self I'm guessing its the most recent one.

Sometimes when I select a block of text and right click I don't get the copy/paste/delete etc options up, I get the standard options for right clicking a web page, back/forward/reload/stop, etc.
Pressing Ctrl+C won't copy the test either either...

Any idea what is causing this, its just started doing it recently...

I used to have this happen in older versions, but haven't seen in happen in quite some time. If you google this problem, all of the articles/posts about it are quite old as well.

Just to be sure that you have the latest, go to Help >> About Mozilla Firefox......and see what version you're running.

If you have the latest version, it could be related to an Extension you have installed.

Looked it up, apparently I'm only running 3.0.13 rather than new 3.5 series, probably time for an upgrade.
That's quite baffling, as you should have gotten a nag-screen saying that 3.0.13 was the last release in the 3.0 series and that you should upgrade soon. I know I did, because I just couldn't be bothered to update to 3.5 until recently. I liked 3.5 so much that I upgraded to Opera. >.> *mumbles about 3.5 crashing too much*

That's quite baffling, as you should have gotten a nag-screen saying that 3.0.13 was the last release in the 3.0 series and that you should upgrade soon. I know I did, because I just couldn't be bothered to update to 3.5 until recently. I liked 3.5 so much that I upgraded to Opera. >.> *mumbles about 3.5 crashing too much*

No crashes here :dunno: and it's much faster.