First bike: Yamaha YBR125

shad_68

DOOD looks like a lady
Car(s)
Just Horsing Around
My entry into the world of motorcycling since last October :)
although me and my dad both paid half of it and are now sharing :p

090220ybbie2.jpg

Maybe not all that impressive, but it's cheap (this one especially, 1700? as a pre-reg, but also to run - tax free and insurance is a laugh :D), and that's what I can afford.
But for what it is, I've been enjoying it tremendously - it's very good fun, and the low capacity and power aren't that bad in urband traffic, which is where I use it mostly. :)

Also, hi to everyone. :D

Nice looking bike! I love the combination of the black wheels with silver paint. That thing looks like it's so much fun to ride.

I love the combination of the black wheels with silver paint.

I think I'd have liked it better in red or black, but since this one was pre-regged it cost 500 bucks less than the MSRP, and silver isn't that bad really when you think about it. :D

I can only compare it to the Honda CBF500 I rode in driving school so far (which was very nice imo), but for me the ybbie is indeed a lot of fun.
My dad loves it too, he got his licence waayyy back and never had a motorcycle, and original when we bought the Yamaha he only planned to ride once in a while, but now he really got hooked and enjoys it a whole lot. :mrgreen:
I only wish I'd get to ride it more often, but the unusually long winter and enduringly bad weather in Germany this year kinda stop me. :(

I feel your pain with the bad winter weather. When I lived in Ohio the riding season was cut down to about half the year because of cold and snow. The weather here in Texas is nice but my bike is stuck in Ohio with no way of getting it here. I can't wait to get to Okinawa to have a nice year long riding season.

Got a Topcase so I don't have to lug the helmet around every time I go somewhere.
Also gave it a proper cleaning, which was almost ruined (again) by a sudden onset of rain when I left it to dry in the open... but I managed to save it, so here come the pics! :banana:

090330yb1.jpg

090330540yb2.jpg

090330yb3.jpg

090330yb4.jpg

090330yb5.jpg

Sooo, the damage from the crash still isn't repaired, but at this point I'm almost beyond caring... it's mostly cosmetic, not even noticeable when riding it, and I've gotten used to it anyway.

What I did though, is get a pair of aftermarket mirrors - the old ones were terrible! The stalks were so short you'd either only see your shoulder, or something that wasn't the traffic behind you.
They won't win any beauty contests, but that's not what this bike is about anyway.

090707DSC_2629_Kopie.jpg

Still contemplating whether to try and sell the old ones on eBay, or keep them for... well, erm...

I like the new mirrors- should've ordered those myself. My aftermarkets are from a scrapyard (when I bought my Yami the entire front end- forks, tyres, gauges, mirrors, cables, lights etc was in pieces, many of them broken, including the mirrors). Do they work well?

Yup, they do the job very nicely - compared to the stock ones a real revelation. :D
Only niggle is that they're a bit longer than the handlebars, so you can't squeeze as easily through tight spots. Compared to the much greater visibility not too big of a tradeoff for me though.

edit//
This is pretty much my FPV sight in the mirrors:
090712l.jpg
090712r.jpg

Compared to the stock mirrors, where when pointed at the area behind me 70% of them would've shown my torso, it's brilliant! :D

Last edited: