First look at Gears of War 2 gameplay

jeffy777

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Sienna, crippled people like vans....
looks epic!

Was gonna post this up earlier, looks fekin awesome!
Entrigued about the cover system using a body, looks neat!

Is it 360 only? or will it have PS3 and PC brothers?

It will be 360 exclusive............but there's a chance that there will be a PC port a year later or so, but it will not be coming to PS3 since it's released by Microsoft Game Studios, just as the first Gears of War was.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, the footage looks amazing! Can't wait for GOW2 now, especially if you can use the Locust as body armour. :D

I'm having happy thoughts about picking up people like that in multiplayer and snapping their necks aswell *sweeeeeet*

That's freaking awesome!!! I swear that no other game has gotten close to using all of what the 360 has to offer as the first Gears game and now this one pushes up another huge notch. I don't see how they are even going to fit it on a normal standard DVD, they must really be doing their job. Meanwhile the the Metal Gear guy is bitching he can't fit a game in 50gigs for the PS3, maybe he should try a little harder.

Nice, you can cut them in half now...
Too bad it won't be released in Germany, but hey, I'll still get it;-)

That's freaking awesome!!! I swear that no other game has gotten close to using all of what the 360 has to offer as the first Gears game and now this one pushes up another huge notch. I don't see how they are even going to fit it on a normal standard DVD, they must really be doing their job. Meanwhile the the Metal Gear guy is bitching he can't fit a game in 50gigs for the PS3, maybe he should try a little harder.

afaik the reason for things needing a bit more space on ps3 is that they can't compress things as much because blu-ray reads a little slower or something.

afaik the reason for things needing a bit more space on ps3 is that they can't compress things as much because blu-ray reads a little slower or something.
It does read slightly slower, but the reason the game wont fit is because Hideo Kojima is a perfectionist. He wanted to put uncompressed audio in multiple languages to be on the same disk, but he had to remove the extra languages because of space constrictions.

But, back on topic, the trailer looks amazing. I just hope they fixed the bugs in the old game and they touch up the bullets from the trailer, they looked to much like the bullets from those cheap games like Time Shift.