First review of new Fiat 500 (yes, id like one)

chumply

http://www.channel4.com/4car/rt/fiat/500/2162/1

5 stars!

The press launch is today and the actual release isnt until next Feb. :(

There are over 500,000 different design combinations available depending on the options you choose.

07-500-f3q-a-close.jpg

07-500cust-decals.jpg

car_photo_219943_5.jpg

I like the 'Herbie' style design, or maybe the Italian flag running the length of the car.

That's a seriously cool looking super-mini. Brilliant!

I like it - a lot, a whole lot. If it's as much fun to drive as it looks to be, and Fiat can screw it together properly, they're onto a winner.

I like it.

Mini's not cool anymore, sorry, it isn't. That is cool.

It still doesn't convince me, but I have to admit that the Mini may finally have a serious competitor.

I'd still take a Swift but it looks really good, a little on the girly side maby.. I couldent see my self driving it.

You will be able to customise the car with chrome, stripes, badges etc so it wont look 'girly'

fiat500.jpg

The Official customiser goes online tonight.

I just want a simple yellow, with a retractable roof like the old one. I'll wear the green suit from Castle of Cagliostro, and I'll get a friend of mine to dress like Jigen.

Now if they'd only export this to the US...unless someone wants to strip one for me, send it here so I can register it as a kit car, that'd be great.

I want the Abarth!

If you take out Fiat finance on the Fiat 500 you will get a 5 year warranty and free servicing.

8)

I really want one of these. It looks gorgeous.

Bring on the Abarth, too!

Yet another review with loads of pics:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/209301/fiat_500.html

I want the Abarth!

I think thats a give in for everyone here :thumbup:

Abarth 500 nurburgring testing, and it sounds pretty good.
[youtube]m3rAX0J1UOg[/youtube]

If you take out Fiat finance on the Fiat 500 you will get a 5 year warranty and free servicing.

8)

Thats not a bad deal, as long as they give decent rates. Fiat needs to make a return to the US and provide that, they may actually have some longevity in our market.

edit:
from channel4 article said:
Both of these deals come with '500 Free', which includes free servicing and breakdown recovery, plus taxi fares up to 50 euros while the car is in the garage. They also include a five-year or 300,000 mile warranty.
OK, that is a damn good warranty. I'd be willing to put up with potential problems of owning a FIAT with that kind of service.

BTW, mileage conversion for the American's interested are 1.3 Diesel = 55mpg, 1.2 = 45, 1.4 = 37mpg.

Last edited: