First timer?s guide to F1?

M_Bolc

Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 1.2TFSI
Hi, so I?ll be flying to Belgium next week and of course I have already bought tickets for the Spa Race.
My brother has been living there for the past year, so getting there shouldn?t be a problem, but I do have some questions.

How early should I get there? I?m sitting on the general admission section at Eau Rouge (no grandstand, my brother couldn?t afford it :-( )
Are you allowed to bring in outside food and drinks?

Any and all pointers are more than welcome! Maybe this thread may grow and become a sticky thread for general F1 event pointers.

Try to get there about a half hour before the gates open so you can find exactly where you need to enter ( most tracks would have multiple entrances)
Does GA entitle you to a seat ? If not don't forget to take a fold out seat. You'll need it. You should be fine to take your own food and drinks in.

EDIT: At racetracks in Australia, GA means you can go anywhere around the track apart from grandstands. Go and explore various parts of the track on the thursday and friday. Also try to get thursday morning pit passes. Well worth the money IMO.

Last edited:
I was there last year, most important thing is do you have a 3 day general admission or just Sunday?

I hated GA at Spa, too many people, not enough space, hills were muddy and I was all wet. I spent Sat and Sun at my grandstand so my experience of GA was from Friday. Take your own food, something to sit on and yeh go early.

Hi, I have a three day pass but I think I?ll only be able to go on Saturday and Sunday, my bother graduates on Friday from his Master?s :D
Great news that I can take my own food in, crossing the Atlantic is expensive as heck!