First Trailer for the Show

Oh, wow, Chris Evans is racing a car against a jet! That's brilliant. I've never seen anything like that before. Whoever came up with that idea is a genius!! It's a good thing his TG will be different than his predecessors' version. I don't think they could have ever thought up something like that. :blink:

"Why is it red?"

"Strawberrys."

:D

The 596 users that liked that video must be BBC voting robots.
That looks absolutely horrible, and to me it seems Matt LeBlanc is doing a terrible job talking while driving.
And we know Chris Evans can't do it.
This show won't even be worth a torrent download.

Last edited:
The 596 users that liked that video must been BBC voting robots.

Don't be so sure. If Bieber can get 10 billion views on Vevo don't underestimate the taste of the sheeple.

Or possibly, there are people who actually liked it. I for example 'liked' the video because it seemed promising.

First Trailer for the Show

^i agree however, it looked like the trailer clips were pulled from what looks like one or two episodes. It was probably because they were pressed for time to make one to get people interested.

They're essentially following the Doctor Who Series X strategy: over the next month, release 3 or 4 trailers.

Also, expect to see some presenters' interviews / press conferences over BBC media (morning radio and TV, entertainment progs, Graham Norton) over the next month.

You know in those first few seconds, I actually got semi exited, jet, a car with a gun on it, a burnout , all expected stuff, cool, cool, I could even stomach the 'Stig emerging from his cage' shot despite clearly being there to evoque the 'were back and better then ever' bullshit .....and then I saw Evans, the man with the most punchable face in history, acting all fake exited, and it was all over.

So it is going to be a load of Chris being driven around by other people.

Wow. I knew the new show was going to be bad; this trailer not only confirms it but implies it's actually going to be something more resembling a bad pastiche of the original, written by a clueless 13 year old fanfic author.

- - - Updated - - -

So it is going to be a load of Chris being driven around by other people.

Operative word: Load.

Last edited:
How can a show about cars only contain half of the combustion cycle?

Looks like the cinematography and music curation teams are still on point. Don't know about the rest, we'll see when it comes out.

I hope that the both new shows are good, because the more great car shows the merrier.

Looks like the cinematography and music curation teams are still on point. Don't know about the rest, we'll see when it comes out.

I hope that the both new shows are good, because the more great car shows the merrier.
It looks more to me like someone is trying to copy the way it was filmed before.

Now I admit, that was a short taste and I will have to reserve judgement until I can see a whole segment, but from what I saw, they are just a step or so behind at this point.

It does look promising, but it will not hold a candle to the CHM era. I think it will be watchable and enjoyable. Matt LeBlanc looks like he will be a big part of the show and hopefully he won't be just the butt of American jokes (he can be that, but not only that).

I didn't expect them to change the formula up much, as it was a good formula. At first it will probably seem forced, but hopefully they can establish their own rhythm.

Fingers crossed that it'll turn out better than fine. :) I wouldn't be saying this if not for the people behind the new show, so thank you!