First World Problems thread

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
I have so many scale 18 model cars (my list counts 179) that I can't put the ones together in one compartment of the showcases which (in my mind) belong together. There are now one non-white Porsche 996, three non-white 997 and four non-white 991 without turbo (because white Porsches are in an own category, turbos are in a different category), but the compartments have space for seven models max. I think I'll take out the one 996 so there are just 997s and 991s in that compartment, but I don't know in which category to sort that 996 because it is yellow and doesn't have a turbo...

[edit]
Oh god, I did it - I put the watercooled 996 into the compartment with the five 993's so it's all messed up... :?
[/edit]

Last edited:

Redliner

Will bore you to death with butterfly facts
DONOR
Hookers, deadly mosquitoes, pimps and drug dealers
Car(s)
2013 Palio Sporting
I have so many scale 18 model cars (my list counts 179) that I can't put the ones together in one compartment of the showcases which (in my mind) belong together. There are now one non-white Porsche 996, three non-white 997 and four non-white 991 without turbo (because white Porsches are in an own category, turbos are in a different category), but the compartments have space for seven models max. I think I'll take out the one 996 so there are just 997s and 991s in that compartment, but I don't know in which category to sort that 996 because it is yellow and doesn't have a turbo...

[edit]
Oh god, I did it - I put the watercooled 996 into the compartment with the five 993's so it's all messed up... :?
[/edit]
:lol:

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...

[edit]
[/edit]
blasphemy!
I added one showcase so I was able to get it all in order now - the 996 and the 997's are in one compartment, the 991's in another compartment and the compartment with the 993's is watercooled-free zone again... :mouse:

Last edited:

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
It's kinda hard trying to sink the 8-ball when your colleague has yet to manage to sink a single striped ball in a game of 8-ball.

Luckily, he then sank the cue ball for the second time, so I got a free shot. (Yes, he even managed to not sink the 11 by some magic.)

Last edited:

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Working in the vehicle salvage industry means I am frequently exposed to the phonetic (NATO) alphabet. Every time I answer a call or dial out there is a better than 1 in 3 chance I will be reminded of my ex-wife.

Adamar

Viswijf
Car(s)
Volvo C30 DRIVe (2011), BMW F700GS (2014)
I'm out of money, and 6 more days till payday. :(

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
Working in the vehicle salvage industry means I am frequently exposed to the phonetic (NATO) alphabet. Every time I answer a call or dial out there is a better than 1 in 3 chance I will be reminded of my ex-wife.
Juliet(te)?

Reactions: MWF

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
so you're also one of those who at the end of their money, have some month left?

lip

Car(s)
Audi S6 Barkwagon
so you're also one of those who at the end of their money, have some month left?
Gladly I'm good. But for sure I've seen some "empty fridge" days in my time.
My tip: Put a small sum away. Every day, without any interruption. It will accumulate. Keep it in another currency so it will be harder for you to cheat yourself. Worked for me.

Adamar

Viswijf
Car(s)
Volvo C30 DRIVe (2011), BMW F700GS (2014)
So it's tap water and rice cookies for a week, then. :lol:
But think about it, in relation, in six days you will be rich as fuck. ;)
With an upcoming repair bill for the motorbike, i doubt much will be left of next month's wage.

GRtak

Forum Addict
I have not had the time to watch the new Top Gear America until now. So I grab the remote and find that it did not record...

I was really looking forward to it.

As a conciliation, Howard the Duck is on. That is a fair exchange right?

Last edited:

CD82

Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0 TDI
I own a 4-bay NAS since almost forever. Initially I put 4x 1 TB disks in there. Just a random mix of several Western Digitals I had available. After a while I upgraded to 4x 2 TB, again from Western Digital. Just standard desktop drives of the "Green" variety. Not really meant for NAS usage. But even though, I never had any trouble with any of these disks. Lots of Load cycles and start-stops, but none of the 8 drives ever developed any malfunctions.

Almost a year ago I upgraded to 4x 4 TB Western Digital Purple. Those disks are basically "a poor man's Western Digital Red" - not exactly designed for NAS, but still meant for 24/7 as disks for surveillance applications (recording camera streams).

So imagine my surprise when my NAS started to report read errors on Disk 4 after about 7-8 months. Within two weeks, the disk completely failed and I had it replaced it under warranty. Well, shit happens. However, a couple of weeks later, read errors started to occur on Disk 3 (no failure yet) and Disk 2 (also no failure yet).

While my RAID can tolerate a single disk failure AND I also have a full backup of the whole volume, it is somewhat disconcerting that out of four WD Purples three have developed SMART read errors within not even a year, and out of these three disks one already failed completely (as in: got kicked out of the RAID and was no longer recognized when connected to a PC). I would not be surprised if the other two disks will die in the near future. Annoyingly, simply having a couple of SMART read errors and Multi-Zone Errors is not enough to have them replaced under warranty *before* they break.

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
I have noticed that after I lost some weight I can't drink as much without feeling slightly drunk, I'm currently on my third glass of red wine and really feel like I shoudn't drink any more because I have to get up early tomorrow, a year ago that wouldn't have been a problem.

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
Well, I see at least two positive sides there:
1) You lost some weight which is (almost) always good :)
2) You have to spend less money to get drunk :p