First World Problems thread

GRtak

Forum Addict
That was discussed, but even though it would be culturally acceptable in Asbury, we both thought it was a bit too redneck for us.

Water fountain?

lol. It was not a serious suggestion, but it would be amusing to see people's reactions when they drive by.

GRtak

Forum Addict

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR

GRtak

Forum Addict
New idea for the toilet. Place it near your flower garden and put a mannequin on it like it is doing it's business! Ha! lol

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
These days if the weather is cool enough to wear a waistcoat (vest) over a shirt and jeans I use a fob watch rather than a wristwatch when I'm not at work.

Last night of my two week wedding/honeymoon vacation...

"I know I'm going to work tomorrow because I'm putting the Breitling back on my wrist."

:mrgreen:

GRtak

Forum Addict
I just started a movie and my internet went out. I am now going to watch it on my cellphone.

Rain rain go away.

Tram

Ring, ring!
DONOR
I currently have an iPhone SE (2nd-gen) which I got for free. It's an OK phone, it does most of the stuff I want mostly decently, but I'm kinda fed up with its battery life and camera experience. I kinda find myself searching for a new phone more often that I would've liked, but I can't help myself. The want is there.

Does that make me a spoiled bastard? I can't afford a new phone right now. I want one, but there's uni, there's the new apartment, there's my health, and many other seemingly insignificant things I keep forgetting about, but get slapped in the face by.

Not to mention how much I'd love to work a part-time job alongside uni, but I can't, for some stupid legal reasons I don't wanna get into. I kinda crave my own car. Nothing too fancy or too new, a Peugeot 206 or a Renault Clio II would be good enough, just so I don't depend on public transportation every single day, because there are days I wake up slightly later, or have too much stuff to carry for the train to be an option. Or just days when I feel like getting away somewhere.

I should, and I am, focusing all my energy on finishing the uni, but the fact I'm unable to work alongside is downright frustrating. Not sure I'd have enough time or mental focus to do both things even if I had any the option, but at least working during the summer would be nice.

Anyway, the sum of my problem basically comes down to the stupid Croatian laws and regulations that make me unable to make some spare money, as well as the fact that I feel like a needy, spoiled bastard due to wanting a flagship phone and a basic used hatchback. Does that make me spoiled and needy?

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
I have an SE, too, and it's the phone that kept dying all the time at Ringmeet. :( The battery complaint is real.

I don't want a new phone since they're all bigger now, and the SE was already bigger than I wanted. Plus, I don't want to pay for it. Ugh, phones.

ETA my first-world problem of the day: COMPUTER SETUP. Trying to really, truly settle into my work laptop this afternoon.

Last edited:

GRtak

Forum Addict
Phones are an optional extra, and I do mean extra!

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
I have an SE, too, and it's the phone that kept dying all the time at Ringmeet. :( The battery complaint is real.
I’ve noticed that my SE drains its battery a bit faster than my previous (small) 8. But I usually take a power bank along when I think I won’t have access to a socket, so I have no idea if it’s really bad. You think so?

Last edited:

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
I’ve noticed that my SE drains its battery a bit faster than my previous (small) 8. But I usually take a power bank along when I think I won’t have access to a socket, so I have no idea if it’s really bad. You think so?
Depends. Mine didn't last between getting off my plane and getting onto the next one when my return flight headed through Chicago, so I think my battery is especially dead. YMMV.