First World Problems thread

It causes confusion at the register. As well as the 2 dollar bill.

There is a gripe here, but it belongs in the annoyance thread.

Then again, we have polymer banknotes, which tend to last for a long time too.

Oh how it would be fun to walk in to a shop and say "do you take plastic?" then pull out a load of notes. :|

I like coins, I heard you could stick two 2p coins together and it would be accepted as ?2 in vending machines. This could be complete BS though.

Last edited:
Back when we were not ruled by Germany and still had real money this was a hoot when going to Holland, a 5 Franc piece was the same size as a Dutch gulden, wich was worth about 20 Francs, and since the Dutch have fast food (along with everything else) that comes out of vending machines....

People all around me buy stupid cars. It's upsetting.

People all around me buy stupid cars. It's upsetting.

Related to that, I just noticed yesterday that our new neighbours in the street have a black Ssangyong Stavic (Rodius). This means that, I have one Ssangyong in the street at my mother's place, in addition to the white Stavic/Rodius at the house directly across from my father's house. These things are pretty rare (thankfully) at worst, except for the immediate vicinity of where I live. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! :?

Related to that, I just noticed yesterday that our new neighbours in the street have a black Ssangyong Stavic (Rodius). This means that, I have one Ssangyong in the street at my mother's place, in addition to the white Stavic/Rodius at the house directly across from my father's house. These things are pretty rare (thankfully) at worst, except for the immediate vicinity of where I live. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! :?
They'd rather have a full frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of them - eh wot?

I don't know how crazy someone would have to be to buy a Saab.

Ask Labcoatguy. He just bought one. And Speedtouch recently sold one having taken it to Ringmeet.

Can't think of any other Saab owners here off the top of my head. Sure there must be one somewhere.

Not at all. Would you rather have a Vectra (or in the US a Saturn L)? Mine got the nickname HMS Saab because it was so soft comfy. As far as long distance cruisers go there isn't anything near it at the same price range (mine wasn't one of the performance orientated ones... :p).

Last edited:
Well. I mean now. 3 or 4 months ago I was considering it. I was just sayin'. Where are you going to get parts or maintenance?

Well. I mean now. 3 or 4 months ago I was considering it. I was just sayin'. Where are you going to get parts or maintenance?

Parts and service for Saabs are easy to find in New England and maybe other areas with an established population of Saab owners. Most of these places have a combination of left-wing propensities and cold climate. I live within a 10 minute drive of the country's oldest Saab dealership, and it's continuing to stay open for the foreseeable future; there are also a good number of indie mechanics that specialize in Saab around here. Outside these zones, it'll be a crapshoot, no doubt.

Last edited:
Parts and service for Saabs are easy to find in New England and maybe other areas with an established population of Saab owners. Most of these places have a combination of left-wing propensities and cold climate. I live within a 10 minute drive of the country's oldest Saab dealership, and it's continuing to stay open for the foreseeable future; there are also a good number of indie mechanics that specialize in Saab around here. Outside these zones, it'll be a crapshoot, no doubt.

Well I have a new thing that is a problem for me... That's totally not related...

Why doesn't BBC America show the new episodes of Top Gear on Sundays? Or is this just a terrible misunderstanding on my part?