Fisker is Dead, long live Karma Automotive

Also now under chinese ownership, let's see what they do with the money and how much of the original company is still left here :) I don't have a source and might be misremembering, but isn't this again just the name being re-used or something? scratch that, made in the USA and all that...

Me: "Yay! A Tesla alternative to help bring the price down of practical electric cars with usable range!"
Article: "$100,000+"
Me: "...or...not..."

Me: "Yay! A Tesla alternative to help bring the price down of practical electric cars with usable range!"
Article: "$100,000+"
Me: "...or...not..."

Yeah you misunderstood the article, they're not setting out to compete with Tesla in terms of price savings, but im terms of high end prestige: aka the P90D model S owners.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I didn't misunderstand the article, I had an initial hope/thought based on the headline - one that was dashed by reading the article's body.

I think both tesla and karma will be boutique type brands. GM or Ford will most likely bring electric cars to a price that's closer to most people's realities.

The car is still gorgeous./thread

Ugh no it isn't GRtak. It is in the eye of the beholder and this thing is hideous. Oh and them competing with Tesla is fine and all but how's that really going to work? As much as I rag on Musk (because he is a doucebag) he will crush this "Karma" company.

You sir, are in the minority.

I'm somewhere in the middle then. I think it has great proportions, but the detailing lets the impression down. The way they styled the front and rear bumpers and rear lights just screams "we have to do something original so they don't accuse us of copying Aston Martin / Maserati /etc." and stuck with the first idea. There's like 50 thousand other possibilities that don't include a bloody rhombus.

There are at least two that I see at least one a week. I think it might be three (two silver ones), but I regularly see a dark red and a silver one. I think they look awesome from every angle, And think it's one of the best looking cars on the road in recent memory.

I was never crazy about the styling, but as said it has nice proportions, nice and low, long and sleek, to few cars have that these days, there's a black one round here and it looks intimidating ......right up until the point you hear it whizzing away like a roomba.

I think it looks good, so I fall in that camp

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk