Fisker Karma body + LS9 = Destino

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST

The 2013 Destino is an interesting surprise for the Detroit Auto Show, combining the engine of a sportscar with the looks of a luxury hybrid.

Under the hood is Chevrolet Corvette ZR1's LS9 which produces 638 hp (476 kW) and 604 lb-ft (819 Nm) of torque and can be connected to either a manual or an automatic transmission. The company says chassis reengineering was necessary in order to accommodate the ZR1's handcrafted engine.

Set to rival cars such as the Porsche Panamera and Aston Martin Rapide, the Destino borrows the looks of the Fisker Karma and is 202.8 inches (5151mm) long, 52.4 inches (1331mm) tall, with a 124.4-inch (3160mm) wheelbase.

Currently in the prototype stage, the Destino will be built in Auburn Hills, Michigan and is expected to go on sale in the second half of 2013 at a yet undisclosed price tag.

:motherofgod:
Take my money. All of it. Now!

I'm really looking forward to seeing this at NAIAS later this week.

I always thought it was a good looking car, but changing that front grille takes it to a whole other level.

Hoping they get the rest of it right!

Seems like such a dick move to offset the "green effect" of the Fisker with that. :lol:

It this Karma?
:mwf:

Dayum! Should give the Aston Rapide a run for it's money and already makes the 2013 Quattroporte look a tad shabby!

I would LOVE to see the look on the enviromentalists faces as this car pulls up and makes THAT sound!

See, things like this make me believe there might be hope for mankind after all.

Almost looks like it should have been the new Quattroporte. This is definitely the car to potentially make them. Sure eco-stuff is great but America still has cheap fuel prices so they don't really care about that.

"Destino" Premiers at the 2013 North American International Auto Show

DETROIT, Mich., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Destino made its world premier today at the North American International Auto show as the newest four-door performance car in the world market of exclusive automobiles. Based on an award-winning design by Henrik Fisker and powered by the internationally applauded Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 powertrain, Destino is the result of collaboration by industrialist Gilbert Villereal and former General Motors Vice Chairman Bob Lutz .

"The goal in designing and engineering this automobile is to provide true motoring enthusiasts with an exquisite work of automotive art that performs at a world-class level. Attention to detail is a paramount concern, as is reliability and ease of maintenance," according to Lutz. "We have made styling modifications to differentiate our design and reengineered the chassis to accommodate the 638bhp ZR1's handcrafted LS9 engine with either a manual or automatic transmission. The result is truly an American designed, engineered and manufactured four-door performance car that rivals such models as the Porsche Panamera and Aston-Martin-Lagonda Rapide.

"We are developing our distribution network now and will deliver Destino on a first-come, first-served basis. Customers will have the option of customizing the exterior color and interior trim," Lutz said.

Destino has an overall length of 202.8 inches and a 124.4 inch wheelbase. Overall height is 52.4 inches.

Destino will be manufactured in Auburn Hills, Michigan under the auspices of VL Productions. Destino is scheduled for retail sales in the second half of 2013 following certification and validation. Prototypes are currently in testing.

Additional information, specifications and photos are available at www.VL-Automotive.com.

SOURCE VL Productions

Bob Lutz should make a 2nd model for that company. Something more affordable. An entry model so to speak - an LS3 powered Chevy Volt.

Maximum Bob drinks plutonium and farts firestorms. This is the one gigantic middle finger to the eco crowd that we've always wanted.

We just need the price. Obviously, it'll be cheaper than a Rapide, but how far below the Panamera can it get?

Which Panamera are we talking about? The base spec, or the one three and a half times the price :lol:

The Quattroporte is a car that you want to make sweet, sweet love to on a moonlit beach with a bottle of vino. The Destino is the car you want when you want to have your brains fucked out of your head into a smooth, gooey paste, leaving you a shattered shell with an eradicable Joker-like smile spread across your face. Give me getting my brains fucked out any day.

And, remember, Italian exotica fans, you can't spell "Destino" without "Dino".

Looking over at the other seat, it looks like they just fucked up the passenger seat. But yes, it does look very bad for that kind of car.

I love it, although I wish Lutz could have pulled some strings and obtained the old V16 engine based on LS architecture. That would have been awesome. Either way, it's awesome. Can't say I like the styling more than the fisker though...