Fixed Quick Reply "All" Button

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Just a heads up - I fixed the quick reply's "All" button. The person who made the mod kinda f'ed it up.

Technical explanation of what was wrong if you're interested:

The button calls upon this page: http://forum.finalgear.com/quick_reply.php?mode=smilies

The script had something like:

Code:
if ($mode = "smilies") {
   blah blah
}
and that only works if variables are set automatically via the URL and that's retarded frankly when that happens. It can cause potential exploitation. Viper007Bond.com has that on and that's why it worked there.

I edited the code so that it has this now:

Code:
if ($_GET['mode'] = "smilies") {
  blah blah
}
which is how it shoulda been done in the first place. :)

:shock:

Nope my quote highlighted text doesnt work either.
Unless im using it wrong :?

The 'Quote Highlighed Text' button is stupid anyway. It doesn't put the person's name you quoted from in the quoted text, so it's really annoying when people use it. I'd rather have it removed than fixed.

Seems to only work in IE. I'll add a note.

Renesis said:
Yes, look in your profile, there's an option to change them :lol:

What skin are you using? I checked out Charcoal and that was pretty nice but couldn't read the quotes and text was rather hard to read overall. Now I'm trying this Chunk style and I think I've fallen in love with it!

A modified version of Charcoal2 is going to be the new default skin once the new version of the site goes up.

I'll probably just replace the logo and change a few colors.

The skins that are currently available will stay available. I'm just gonna modify the database so that everyone's style choice is Charcoal2, and then you can switch back to whatever one you like again.

Oh, and yes, I'll try and add in the quick reply to Charcoal2.

Viper007Bond said:
A modified version of Charcoal2 is going to be the new default skin once the new version of the site goes up.

I'll probably just replace the logo and change a few colors.

No!! Expanded Eos! Or Eos Expanded is a lot better! Just tune it so the user custom titles wrap and fix the width value on the user info box in post!

:thumbsdown: Charcoal2 kinda matches the new site and I like it. Plus, you can keep using it if you want it.