Flame ... Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
i-095_nj_tpk_nb_exit_015_04.jpg

Oh, you said OLD Jersey? Err, you're flat out of luck there then buddy.

Everybody around me is from New Jersey, so I probably shouldn't say too much about them...

it smells
its dirty
its just an annoyance in the way of Philadelphia and the beach..

oh wait, wrong country

I should have seen that one coming ... still we had the name first :) Plus I'm used to it - whenever I tell anyone online that I live in Jersey (I'm originally from Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England) they normally say 'but you don't have an American accent'.

In fact when the story about Jersey Skydiver Michael Holmes (he fell, his parachute didn't open, landed on a bush and survived) was posted to Digg the first few comments where from people complaining the BBC story was wrong because he has an English accent "how can he be from Jersey with an English accent".

nj_island.JPG

WHAT'S THE POINT IN THIS???!!!!

IT'S POINTLESS!!!!!! and it's in Jersey...

Why do you call it "The Garden State?"

Because "Petrochemical Processing, Refinement and Disposal" is too long to fit on a license plate.

... Oh, wrong Jersey.

What's wrong with jersey? I think it's a fine material for making clothing out of. Oh, wait, wrong Jersey again. :p

These suck major ass.
2224325-Road_Laws_Filter_in_turn-Jersey.jpg

Oh and Green Lanes are stupid, bikes overtake you if you actually stick to the speed limit.
grenlane.jpg

i-095_nj_tpk_nb_exit_015_04.jpg

Oh, you said OLD Jersey? Err, you're flat out of luck there then buddy.

Everybody around me is from New Jersey, so I probably shouldn't say too much about them...

New Jersey sucks. mmmm...landfills

New Jersey sounds like a sort of retro remake of Jersey.

It's like the PT Cruiser!

http://img440.imageshack.**/img440/356/jerseyag9.png
That's right...I'm awesome! 8)

New Jersey sounds like a sort of retro remake of Jersey.

It's like the PT Cruiser!
Just like the car, New Jersy doesn't seem to be as good as the old one it's inspired by. :lol:

I have always wondered this: Why is New Jersey the butt of jokes from all other Northern States?

Jersey (the real one) has been described regularly as 90 thousand alcoholics clinging to a rock.

The island has more miles of road per sq mile of land than anywhere else in the world and more cars per head of population than anywhere in the world.

But there is an island wide speed limit of 40mph and is just 20mph in most places.

See I don't get it... people always joke about NJ and they never explain it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.