Flame the Norwegians!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, just because we can get serious and you lot cant thanks to your constant high-pitched cheerleader-lingo :p
We sound like we sing. :tease:

On the west-coast the story is quite different, we sound more manly :D
Excuse me dear Sir, but that's the biggest load of rubble I've heard. :p You guys speak like you've got a potato in your troats, with a bit of weird splashed on top. Sure, we up north understands it, but those guys in Oslo can't. Even Tr?nders are texted on TV3. :p

You're from Oslo, you should just keep quiet. :tease:

Where in Oslo do you live, by the way?

Suuuure... norway has a west and east part :rolleyes:
I don't know what your knowledge of Norwegian geography and politics are, but the country is divided into five regions, Northern Norway, Tr?ndelag (middleish), Vestlandet (West coast), ?stlandet (The part to the east, against Sweden), and S?rlandet (the part at the lower southern end). So, I hear you say, "yes, but that's just politics, that has nothing to do with actual geographical features", and you are wrong. The western and the eastern part is seperated by mountains, the middle part is a mix of the eastern part and the Northern part, and the southern part, is a sort of thing that's survived from the time we were governed by the danes. So that's just politicly, though.

Yes, Norway has an Eastern and a Western part. And other parts.

Further, the difference of Norwegian dialects within the different ereas, and towns, are bigger than in most countries, you could speak standardized Norwegian fluently as a foreigner, and you wouldn't have a hope in hell of understanding a guy from Trondheim or Stavanger.

There's even parts where nobody but the population themselves understand what's said.

It?s cold and expensive up there.
Hey, you guys invented leather pants and umpa music, you like Wenche Myhre, you had a contribution to Eurosong called "Ein Bischen Frieden", and you have the tenasity to criticise us for being cold and expensive?

:tease:

What? We understand perfectly. We got a lot of southern and western people here. We like them. Northerners is another story...:p
Sure you like us. And I get the feeling you find us very scary when we're drunk. Once yelled at three "sosses" until they ran away. Then again, they had been pushing my cousin (girl), and throwing pints of beer on her.

Gr?nerl?kka, born and raised :cool:

Up North, here. Helgeland, Nordland. :)

I'm listed as living in Hammerfest at this time so I beat you on the north-rate-thing.. uhh..

Heh, but actually I live in Bergen most of the time. And I'm from Stavanger.

I'm listed as living in Hammerfest at this time so I beat you on the north-rate-thing.. uhh..

Heh, but actually I live in Bergen most of the time. And I'm from Stavanger.

Your dialect must be the most stupendus idiolect in the world. :lol:

Wait, not really, got a guy in my class who speaks a mix of Helgelending and Haldenser.

Now that's hardcore!

@Nomix: "Soss" refers to people mainly from Asker, B?rum (which is Akershus) and isolated parts of Oslo West with few relations to other parts of Oslo whatsoever.... and unlike others, some of them can't behave when visiting other parts of the country....

Your dialect must be the most stupendus idiolect in the world. :lol:

Wait, not really, got a guy in my class who speaks a mix of Helgelending and Haldenser.

Now that's hardcore!

Heh, well actually I just speak a downtuned Stavanger dialect.. The Hammerfest dialect has so much air going through it, it sounds like they are whispering

Audio files of these dialects, please.

i hate norwegian eggs. i've never had them but they're made from norwegian chickens, which i hear are communistst...and suck.

And their coffee is made from babies

@Nomix: "Soss" refers to people mainly from Asker, B?rum (which is Akershus) and isolated parts of Oslo West with few relations to other parts of Oslo whatsoever.... and unlike others, some of them can't behave when visiting other parts of the country....
Yes, I know, that happened in Oslo. At Stravinski. Go figure. ;)

Heh, well actually I just speak a downtuned Stavanger dialect.. The Hammerfest dialect has so much air going through it, it sounds like they are whispering
I have a strange mixture of Helgelending, Bod?v?ring and a bit of K?re Willoch.

i hate norwegian eggs. i've never had them but they're made from norwegian chickens, which i hear are communistst...and suck.

And their coffee is made from babies
At least we don't build our cows from cast iron, you southerner!

Isn?t this Surstromming Fish swedish?
It is.

I remember i was watching tv i completely forgot what it was but something badass came from norway

My only slight issue is the Norwegian Government's position on Whaling. Thank you for the Xmas Tree BTW.

In the 80s, enviromentalists started Belona. They didn't bother starting a branch of Greenpeace in Norway. Why? Because they took a look at the actual facts, and said "hey, whaling actually is enviromentally sustainable".

They looked at the facts, and realized it wasn't bad. Actually, the Norwegian, British and Russian fishing of cod in the North Sea is a lot worse.

My only slight issue is the Norwegian Government's position on Whaling. Thank you for the Xmas Tree BTW.
Your welcome! I was there when they cut it down :D

Also, whaling is a necessary evil (although, I don't consider it that evil..) for our fishing industries. Not only can they sell the whale meat, but by keeping the whale population balanced, there is more food for smaller fish and as a result we don't run out of fish. Which we probably would thanks to spanish and russian pirate fishers (or whatever they are called in english).

Ah, Rosenkrantzgt. is a hellhole on friday and saturday nights... Next time you should find somewhere else to party, I know I do...

I'll let you know next time I'm in Oslo. ;) Further, if you haven't tried Yatzi in Kronprinsgate, I'd advice you to try it. Great place to drink and party. Quiet in the top floor, with comfy sofas and big tables, perfect for talking and just cocking around, a dance floor with loud music downstairs. Perfect.

The cheese slicer (osteh?vel) is an invention with a historical background that is far from glamourous...

As we all know Norway used to be a very poor country before we exported fish, oil and technology. We were in fact so poor that we had to invent a device which could slice thinner slices off the cheese so the cheese lasted longer, thus saving money. The cheese slicer is thus not an invention I would brag about in front of foreigners... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.