Flamer

ESPNSTI said:
If it's in the same IP range, I'd say block the whole range.
It's a bunch of open proxies most likely and not an ISP now that I look at it.

99% it's just one dude who has a broom up his ass. And if he's retarded enough to think it's fun to spam a forum (what a good use of one's time), then I doubt he's going to just stop after I ban him.

Dunno why he's mad - I never did anything to him or any site. He mentioned JW in one of his posts, but I don't get that either as I never did anything over there either.

I mean this site probably competes with JW (if you want to call it a competition which it's not), then I guess he could.... meh, whatever.

Probably just mad his balls haven't dropped.

Viper007Bond said:
That's what I was afraid of, not much you can do about that.

Only thing I can think of is to limit the time interval in which new members can post.
For example new members can only post once every 5 minutes or something like that.

One thing I have seen on other forums is that admins manually activate new members.
But I don't see how the admin would know who's a flamer or not.
Is he using the same email address to register BTW?

phpBB doesn't have the ability to set different post times for different people, but I did bump the time up to 20 seconds between posts to slow them down a little. I had it essentially on 0 seconds before.

ESPNSTI said:
Viper007Bond said:
That's what I was afraid of, not much you can do about that.
Only thing I can think of is to limit the time interval in which new members can post.
For example new members can only post once every 5 minutes or something like that.

I think I found something that blocks Open Proxy Registrants.

Checking out that phpBB hack now that you sent me, Ren.

Re: Flamer

Renesis said:
As most of you know a guy posted shit on the forum yesterday with 2 accounts, I took care of his shit and I'm keeping in tough with Viper to ban him definately.

I also want to thank you, you acted the perfect way, ignoring him and PMing mods, that's the best thing to do.

Yeah, ignoring people like that works. It's a very basic way to solve the prob, like with kids! :lol:

haz

what a pathetic person. some people just don't get enough attention from mommy and daddy i guess :wink: .

This guys must have nothing better to do everyday and waste his time doing such useless stuff. What a pathetic guy. Get a LIFE!

No, that might go against his first amendment rights.

If you contacted the user's ISP they wouldn't be able to do anything. He didn't cause any physical damage, and didn't cost anyone any money. ISPs are pretty hesitant at going after users as it is, and the fact that no real damage was caused would make it even more unlikely. :(

Furthermore, the fact that the site could be *ahem* infringing on copyrights would mean the ISP would just backhand any requests for banning.

Well done to the mods in shutting the myopic retard down. Unless he has a real vendetta with Viper007bond, I doubt he'll return. It is a sad fact about the internet, there are imbeciles everywhere. I would have expected a troll to have knocked on the door earlier. It also goes to show that this site is getting more and more popular.

This time I saw the flamer... :shock: :?

He's doing in the name of JW which is pretty funny if you ask me 'cause the only real thing we have in common with that site is that we offer videos here for everyone that only certain people get over there. And it's not like I've gone over there and started anything...

Perhaps he's mad he posted a lot and got into the download group over there and now we're releasing them to everyone. Who knows...

just sounds like jealousy to me, IF hes doing this in the name of jw.

we arent competing with them but offer the same thing at a discounted rate!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EVENTUALLY, he'll get tired and bored. this guys life has to be more exciting than spamming daily. :| :wink:

You never know - this may be the highlight of his day which would be pretty sad. It's already pretty sad as it is...

its good ren is quickly getting rid of it too cuz it dont give us a chance to get remotely bothered by it.

his spamming is a big waste of his time and a sad attempt at trying to get us upset or anything. how funny is that? :wink:

my hats off to ren, best mod we got! well the only mod we got besides viper. :lol: :lol:

where are the rest of you guys?? :lol: :lol: