Fonts folder in Windows 7 displays nothing

Sir Stiggington

Car(s)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/23 :P
So I've been a bit of a Pidington and installed tons of fonts at once. Then I realized that some fonts on the internet (Autosport, Twitter, Facebook) were changing, so I wanted to unistall them. Except al the fonts in the Font folder disappeared. Via command prompt you can see there are loads of fonts in there, bu they just won't show, so I can't get rid of them...
Any ideas?

Thanks ;)

...I think a lot of people are having this problem on the interwebs, cause 2,000 views is pretty unusual on a Tech help question...

So I tried to copy fonts from another computer over to this one to at least restore the default fonts, but that didn't work. So now I'm still stuck with some changed fonts and a ton of fonts which I can't delete.

And since this thing, the computer takes ages to boot (between boot screen and desktop), with high HD activity. SO I ask again, are there any ideas? Can I go and delete all fonts via command prompt and then install the default ones from the other PC back again before restarting or is that a no-no?

And since this thing, the computer takes ages to boot (between boot screen and desktop), with high HD activity. SO I ask again, are there any ideas? Can I go and delete all fonts via command prompt and then install the default ones from the other PC back again before restarting or is that a no-no?

The long boot-up time combined with HD activity is cause Windows loads all fonts on startup.

I don't know what happens if you just delete all font files - if i were you, i'd move them into another directory from the command line. If it breaks your Install, you can use linux boot disk to copy them back.