Food! [The thread that started this section]

Just. no.... stop eating things God never intended!

lol...god...he's one of those!
and how can you be sure it was god who didn't intend us to eat it, and not just you who are offended by it? does it say somewhere in the "bible" that urchin can't be eaten?

i have a digestive system that can handle a lot of things, and and i will at least try all of those! and if i like it...i'll have it again

I think urchin falls under shellfish under kosher rules or something. *shrug* If I could afford it, I would eat only non kosher food.

lol...god...he's one of those!

Yes I am one those, got a problem with that? It's just a figure of speech.

Yes I am one those, got a problem with that? It's just a figure of speech.

You'll find that some of the atheists here are as fundamentalist as most reli-nutters.

I think urchin falls under shellfish under kosher rules or something. *shrug* If I could afford it, I would eat only non kosher food.

Yeah, that's why I can't eat it. Too bad (or maybe better) for me cause i'd eat anything that might taste good if I could.

Meh... kosher was just invented to prevent you from keeping certain foods that spoiled easily and could kill half the family. Ever since the advent of refrigiration and after centuries of knowing how to cook just about every animal we've come across, there really is no need for kosher anymore.

Meh... kosher was just invented to prevent you from keeping certain foods that spoiled easily and could kill half the family. Ever since the advent of refrigiration and after centuries of knowing how to cook just about every animal we've come across, there really is no need for kosher anymore.

That is my take on it too. It was simply to avoid frequent food poisoning or worse. And it was probably a very good idea at the time giving the limited knowledge of proper food handling and means of safe storage.

Lunch

VjTYC.jpg

Cuban sandwich and a black bean & cream cheese empanada.

Last edited:
:drool:

Curse my diet!

At least on the weekend I get to eat normally. I wonder what bad things I'll make myself...

Currently lightly baking a block of tofu to get the moisture out. It will then be sliced, dipped in egg and breadcrumbs, then fried. I can't wait. This is only my second time cooking with tofu, the first time went very well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed this time.

edit: Did not go very well. It was very bland. I'll stick with my balsamic vinaigrette marinated tofu next time.

Last edited:
Currently lightly baking a block of tofu to get the moisture out. It will then be sliced, dipped in egg and breadcrumbs, then fried. I can't wait. This is only my second time cooking with tofu, the first time went very well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed this time.

edit: Did not go very well. It was very bland. I'll stick with my balsamic vinaigrette marinated tofu next time.

you should try with meat :p

The blandness is the biggest challenge when cooking with tofu. You really need to take extraordinary steps to get that out.

Definitely. I was hoping the tofu would have picked up a bit of the breading's flavor but it didn't take any of it it. Once you got past the breading it was just bland tofu taste. Luckily there was still a bit of guacamole left over from the day before, so I put a little on each piece of tofu that made it end up tasting pretty good.
you should try with meat :p

Let me make myself clear: I am NOT a vegetarian.

I had to get that out of the way first. :lol: I've just been opened up to different foods lately and have been trying different things. I've learned for the most part, tofu just isn't worth the effort. You need to do a lot more to it than meat, and it never ends up tasting good enough where you feel all the prep-work was worth it.

Last edited: