Food! [The thread that started this section]

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Seat Leon
I like crab and salmon and figured it would be good to spread on some crackers as a snack. Has anybody ever tried this stuff before? If so, what did you think?
i don't know whether the stuff that comes in glasses is different, but most crab / salmon pastes i've tried have been quite good (not many i admit).

mooglebunny

Car(s)
2013 Mazda3i Touring SkyActiv
I love avocado. I never get tired of eating it. :love:. I am also sad that raspberry season has pretty much ended. :( Some of the local growers had some amazing raspberries for sale at the farmer's markets (same with avocado).

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
I hate avocado. Never got a taste for it. It used to be you could avoid it by not ordering a sandwich that was called "california" anything. California club, california burger, etc. However, in California, why is there avocado in my "grilled chicken pesto croissant" sandwich" Why is there avocado on my pepper steak fajita?

Gross.

Once or twice a year I'll eat Chipotle's guac...I think it's the lime-y super salty chips that make it passable for me, but otherwise...no thanks. You can have mine.

Last edited:

CAPT_Howdy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2004 Mazda6 Estate 3.0
Avocado - the one bit of California cuisine I will not miss when I move back East. Fish tacos, on the other hand...

In other news, I decided to pop a couple of beef pasties in the oven for dinner. I thought about putting a couple of slices of cheese on them, then I heard a voice in my head saying, "You want cheese on that?" :jc: and I decided that I really didn't want cheese on that.

mooglebunny

Car(s)
2013 Mazda3i Touring SkyActiv
Aw. Well I guess I'm a freak of nature who just loves avocado. I buy it just to eat it plain. :lol: Oh, but I do love fish tacos. They are so amazing. This one pub I go to has them and it's pretty excellent. They also only serve garlic fries, which are excellent. Interestingly enough, most places I go to don't offer avocado at all, so I don't quite have the same issue.

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2017 Kia Niro, 2015 911 Turbo
I hate avovado. Never got a taste for it. It used to be you could avoid it by not ordering a sandwich that was called "california" anything. California club, california burger, etc. However, in California, why is there avocado in my "grillec chicken pesto croissant" sandwich" Why is there avocado on my pepper steak fajita?

Gross.

Once or twice a year I'll eat Chipotle's guac...I think it's the lime-y super salty chips that make it passable for me, but otherwise...no thanks. You can have mine.
Get the fresh 'made at the table side' guac at Don Pablo's, you'll change your tune pretty fast.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Get the fresh 'made at the table side' guac at Don Pablo's, you'll change your tune pretty fast.
As far as I know, I've had the tableside-made guac at every restaurant I've ever been to that offers it, as my girlfriend is a fan. If you don't like avocado, you aren't going to like guac. In fact, the fresher, more "real" the worse it is.

CAPT_Howdy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2004 Mazda6 Estate 3.0
Cue Aston Martin and "lazy American" bashing in 3... 2... 1...

In other news, I just had the most amazing pork roast ever for dinner. (Yes, I said for dinner - my sleep schedule is all messed up right now.)
It was a 1 pound applewood smoked pork loin wrapped with 5 strips of applewood smoked thick sliced bacon and sprinkled with brown sugar. Pork that good makes me realize why it's a sin to eat it in 2 out of 3 major Western religions.

No pics because I was hungry.

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
fall restaurant week 2011 has come and gone again, a little sampling of the places I tried

Lukshon, Culver City

Shrimp toast

Spicy chicken pops

Garlic pork belly

Chiang mai curry noodles

Fogo de chao

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Roy's Hawaiian Fusion, downtown

yuzu crab stuffed shrimp

Coq au vin

The Water Grill, downtown

Clam Chowder

Swordfish steak

Salmon

Red velvet pudding cake

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
I have to say...yum *laughs* I know, I know. It's a crap burger with a list of novelty ingredients...but it works. Although, I'm a sucker for a bun that can stand up to burger juice. This had a nice "skin" on it so it held together.

It also has swiss cheese, and beer mustard.

Last edited:

TC

aka TomCat
Oh, it's from Red Robin. That means I can actually go try it. I may have to now, looks good. :p

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
If you have one of their cards, it's $3 off. At least, it is here. The $3.00 is "banked" to your card...you don't actualy get $3.00 of this particular visit, and you can only use this "deal" once.

Last edited: