Food! [The thread that started this section]

he-he

Car(s)
Lotus Elise SC; still misses motorbike :(
Winter = comfort food = happy he-he

Portabello mushrooms stuffed with (well, covered in 'cos I can't be arsed with pratting around with food!) chestnuts, onions, pancetta and thyme all cooked in madeira wine. No photo 'cos I was sooooooooooo hungry I couldn't wait to eat it.

Emarline

Car(s)
Crosstown buses
Had chicken enchilada pasta for dinner. Nom nom nom nom. Was delicious so there are sadly no leftovers.

Recipe said:
Chicken Enchilada Pasta

1 12-oz pkg. dried jumbo shell macaroni
3 large green and/or red sweet peppers, chopped
1 ? cups chopped red onion
1 jalape?o chile pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 16-oz can refried beans
? of a 1.25-oz envelope taco seasoning mix (3 tbsp)
2 10-oz cans enchilada sauce
1 8-oz pkg. shredded Mexican-style four-cheese blend

1. Preheat oven to 350? F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse; drain and set aside.
2. In skillet cook peppers, onion, jalape?o, and ? tsp salt in hot oil over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, beans, seasoning mix, and ? cup enchilada sauce. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in ? cup cheese.
3. Divide filling among shells. Spread 1 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange shells atop sauce. Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce.
4. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes more uncovered or until cheese melts. Serve with avocado dip and/or sour cream. Makes 8 to 10 servings.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Just had a Scotch egg from a local hot dog and hamburger joint that's ran by hippies. Good stuff I must say. No photos though, I ate it before I could take a photo.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
scotch egg?? :unsure:

*googles*

oh, we call them bird's nests!

i love 'em! goes so well with spinach!

often they do them in some tomato sauce, but i don't like em like that very much

Last edited:

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Having seen this on tv: [video]http://www.cmt.com/videos/top-secret-recipe-ep-106/1674570/full-episode.jhtml[/video]

I bought this:

To see what the hubbub was about. Well..I didn't really see it..it was good but I could get better cookies from the grocery store bakery for the same price. Not only that, but I would get a hell of a lot more of them.

I wonder if the ones sold in the grocery store are the "real deal" or if Mrs. Fields pulled a "reeses peanut butter" and just repackage a generic cookie in a fancy ass box....:hmm:

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Yeah, uh, the shelf-stable, available-in-a-grocery-store-aisle-in-a-box cookies are not the cookies they are referring to.
I took one look of an unwrapped cookie and sadly figured as much. :( the closest mrs. Fields stores are in (of course, because every cool store is there...) philly and pittsburgh malls.

I might try the mail order/online service and see if they'll let me order just chocolate chip cookies.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
What is that? Marshmallow fluff? Marshmallow fluff does not a s'more make. Break out the real marshmallows and a blow torch!!

Still looks tasty, though!

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Not fluff. I hate Fluff, so I wouldn't enjoyed it if that were the case. We put that tub of marshmallows in the oven for a bit. I got a square with some of the browned toasted marshmallow of the top, and that was the best.

Last edited:

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2017 Kia Niro, 2015 911 Turbo