Food! [The thread that started this section]

SpitfireMK461

Car(s)
2013 Mini Cooper S
My housemates and I had an end-of-quarter/christmas party last night. Consisted of honey baked turkey, stuffing, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, buffalo chicken dip, crescent rolls, pumpkin pie, and 10 liters of various wines. Everything was consumed.

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
I don't understand the love for Oreo cookies. I recently bought a pack and they were pretty shit. The store's no-name brand "sandwich" cookies are way better and much cheaper.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
I noticed in a pack my wife bought recently that the filling has changed. Not for the good if you ask me.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
I don't understand the love for Oreo cookies. I recently bought a pack and they were pretty shit. The store's no-name brand "sandwich" cookies are way better and much cheaper.
I noticed in a pack my wife bought recently that the filling has changed. Not for the good if you ask me.
Ugh don't tell me they've gone all "Hydroxy" eww. Must buy existing stock it seems!

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2017 Kia Niro, 2015 911 Turbo
Dinner party a friend of mine hosted

roasted brussel sprouts

salmon steaks

walnut/apple/bacon salad

some kind of glutinous biscuits with jalapeno

flatbread tomato/pesto tarts

SchumacherM

Car(s)
Fiat Stilo 1.8 16V

I know that tastes differ from man to man, but...erm..? Huh?

MaTaR

Car(s)
06' Subaru Wrx STI
Oreo cookies are good with other stuff , not alone . pair em with ice cream , milk , steak , and other desserts

Last edited:

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Oreo cookies are good with other stuff , not alone . pair em with ice cream , milk , steak , and other desserts
I don't even need them paired but they gotta be with milk in the most ideal circumstances.

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
I believe Oreos are a product surrounded by sentimentality, people who had them when they were kids probably like them because it makes them remember easier times, the rest of us who only come into contact with the product as adults are left unimpressed.

There are much better fika than oreos. This talk about fika this early in the morning is making me horny for fika. I'll just have to look at this picture for a few hours.

Rasperry caverns

Last edited:

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
did you write steak? as in T-bone steak? you marinade them in oreos or sth? :puke:

stiggie

pop
DONOR
Car(s)
Golf GTI
You guys need to try Tim Tams.

The university here in Wollongong gets a huge amount of foreign students and the number of them I used to see at work buying Tim Tams to ship back to relatives in the US was shocking. Same with Cadbury chocolates and Canadian students, you'd think they don't have chocolate in Canada. :lol:

Archie411

Car(s)
Go away....look at something else...
You guys need to try Tim Tams.

The university here in Wollongong gets a huge amount of foreign students and the number of them I used to see at work buying Tim Tams to ship back to relatives in the US was shocking. Same with Cadbury chocolates and Canadian students, you'd think they don't have chocolate in Canada. :lol:
Oh yes love them! :D Funny enough those the are exactly what my cousins in Australia brings home when they are visiting :p

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
We have real Aussie tim tams in a america now, branded as pepperidge farm. they're the real thing though, don't worry. I love them.

ahpadt

Forum Addict
DONOR
Just spent all day making confit pork belly (for tomorrow), confit turkey legs (for sunday + roasted crown of turkey) and a double stock made with chicken and turkey bones.

Had a sneaky taste of the pork and maaan.... it was EPIC. Gonna flavour the stock a little differently for both days. Lighter for turkey and maybe a touch smokey (bacon) for the pork.