Food! [The thread that started this section]

Buktu

Car(s)
Suzuki Swift 1.3 2006
For 400g of minced beef? It's gotta be more than 500 calories. Depends on how lean the meat was of course.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Looks like an aerial photo.
The spinach is a lake and the eggs are some weird building and the potatoes are a desert.

jibduh

Car(s)
m?r?2?F?C?N?B?f?u?s?i?o?n?405 deMZ2
anthropomorphism aside, those are some richly colored yolks, and what goes into your mashed potatoes for such a creamy appearance?

ahpadt

Forum Addict
Looks like something the dentist would tell you to eat after pulling several teeth, to me.

nicjasno

BMW Perfectionist
DONOR
Car(s)
'89 BMW E30 325iT, '95 BMW E36 318ti compact

jibduh

Car(s)
Milk. A bit too much in this case. :p

:lol: I wasn't sure if it was a form of mashed potatoes I was rather more than a bit unfamiliar with.

namealreadyinuse

Car(s)
Chevy Pickup
I got 8 cookbooks and 7 magazines (Lucky Peach) for Christmas, so after having them on the floor for several days I thought it was best to put them into my bookcase;

rmjNvIA.jpg

Starting to get a little collection. I have 2 more books in my flat in the UK. One day the collection will meet wherever I move permanently. :)

I use the books just for culinary inspiration or gaining knowledge. I rarely cook any of the recipes.

Bit of a necro reply, but I love Lucky Peach and can read/reread a volume for months, which is good because it is quarterly. I gave subscriptions to three friends last year, two who are French and one who does pastry, and at first they were all like, "Thanks, I think..." but they all renewed this year and credit me for educating them, lol.

Funny, but like you said I never cook from them. I just feel more in love with food and cooking because of them.

jibduh

Car(s)
Today, I made a weeks worth of crepes, a pot of (non-texan) chili, a turkey, and sourdough. I should be set on food for a bit.

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
I love making crepes on a weekend day (usually Sunday) morning. It's one of the very few things I can actually make in the kitchen.