Food! [The thread that started this section]

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
There's no way I can believe that Canada's fake Mexican food is better than the US's fake Mexican food. :lol:

Your "fries supreme" reminds me of Carne Asada fries...which I think I might need to walk done the street to get.

Mmm...carne asada fries...

carne-asada-fries.jpg

Last edited:

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
That look awesome :drool:

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Yummy!
:drool:

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
Yeah, it's pretty magical. :)

There's also "potachos" (potato + nacho) which is similar but with ground beef and usually with wedge-style fries.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
I never knew that making risotto is so very easy. Sweat onions (and garlic if desired) in butter, add rice, roast briefly, add some wine and seasonings, slowly add 50 ml of stock for every 10 g of rice used, keep stirring and voil?, you have a delicious dish. Add whatever you like - mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes... - and it becomes even better. :drool:

ahpadt

Forum Addict
The cheese acts more like a seasoning. You don't really add it to make it cheesy (unless you really want to, that is).

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
I can do a great risoto but I can't cook regular rice.

I guess that's not normal.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
The cheese acts more like a seasoning. You don't really add it to make it cheesy (unless you really want to, that is).
Oh, absolutely - but she's only just started eating mozzarella, so I'll have to do a lot more convincing before I can take parmesan anywhere near her. Cheese on pizzas and lasagnas is fine, but then again that isn't parmesan either.

I can do a great risoto but I can't cook regular rice.

I guess that's not normal.
Nope. Do you cook rice the "German" way (rice and water in pot, cook) or the "Brazilian" way (roast rice, add water)?

ahpadt

Forum Addict
For basmati rice, I just cook mine in a load of salted water for 10 minutes. Then I gently tip the water out and leave the rice in the pot with the lid on for a couple of minutes to steam dry.

You could also try the 2:1 water/rice method. You just cook the rice untill all the water has been absorbed, then move it off the heat and steam for 5 minutes.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Oh, absolutely - but she's only just started eating mozzarella, so I'll have to do a lot more convincing before I can take parmesan anywhere near her. Cheese on pizzas and lasagnas is fine, but then again that isn't parmesan either.

Nope. Do you cook rice the "German" way (rice and water in pot, cook) or the "Brazilian" way (roast rice, add water)?

I honestly don't think the roasting in the beginning does any good, so I guess I am German in that sense.
People seem to know exactly how much water and how much heat to use so that it cook with the need for more water added or stirring. Just turn on, water is gone, rice is cooked. I can't do that. :|

jibduh

Car(s)
m?r?2?F?C?N?B?f?u?s?i?o?n?405 deMZ2
I've tried doing the roast/water add with pasta. Too much work for insufficient gain.

RdKetchup

DONOR
Car(s)
Poutine, Part IV

Poutine, Part IV

Continued from here, here and here

Large "La Trois Viandes" poutine from La Banquise (ground beef, pepperoni and bacon).

IMG_20140408_112244.jpg

Thank god for free health care

Last edited:

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
That looks like a little too much going on, but I would need to taste it to give a valid opinion. :D

RdKetchup

DONOR
Car(s)
That looks like a little too much going on, but I would need to taste it to give a valid opinion. :D

They went a little overboard with the meat :lol: