Food! [The thread that started this section]

You miss the pope's nose!

That said, it isn't as appealing to me as I was led to believe before I tried it. :p

noma happened :) Some of the pics were so shit I didn't include them (we f.ex also had the dried moss Bourdain had when he visited) and some of the pictures don't do the food justice (like the turbot), but hey! It was an experience, but one I'm not sure will mean as much to someone if they don't know much about food. Hope to go back in the future (atleast once more!)...

http://imgur.com/a/gjCmw

Last edited:
I'm jealous.
I'll be in Copenhagen soon but I can't afford it.

Bror and Manfreds are reasonable places with ex-noma employees. :)
Oh, good to know.
I'll check prices and reservations.
Thanks!

That looks like it must have been an amazing meal/experience.

I presume all the courses flowed together, but all the same, would you be able to pick your highlight?

That looks like it must have been an amazing meal/experience.

I presume all the courses flowed together, but all the same, would you be able to pick your highlight?

I didn't really have a single highlight. They were all quite different. I had seen the sour cherries dish on twitter a week before when they were developing it, and had hoped I would taste it. Really liked that one - the broth in it tasted a bit like dashi and the roe on top just added a really nice savoury note. Also liked the turbot and the raspberries. Wood sorrel is a childhood memory of mine and the cream with the raspberries was amazing.

What a complex blend of flavors the cherries must have had.

I don't know that I've ever had any experience eating wood sorrel, having always just referred to them as 3-leaf clovers. Would a salad be the typical application from your childhood?

A quick search shows me that the North American version species is slightly different from its European/Asian counterpart.

we tend to eat wood sorrels from forest all the time (well I atleast do). Its a bit sour taste and I was taught that you shouldnt eat too much em at once (and if you eat plenty then neutralize the acid with milk like I was taught with rhubarb also.) I've experimented some salads which has wood sorrels in it and it gives a nice zing to it. Should try it in a fish dish now!

Made a cast iron pot roasted cauliflower the other day. It tasted great. I've known about it for a long time (reading and watching everything about cooking does that :p ) but never had the initiative to do it.

The only thing I'll do different next time is to leave it in for a little shorter (it became veeery soft) and at a slightly lower temperature as it neeaarly got burnt on the bottom.

Linky (recipe on the bottom): http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/sep/16/rene-redzepi-cookery-masterclass

It's Tuesday and tradition dictates you have to eat side pork with hillbilly monks (also known as less exciting potato pancakes) so I made just that. The accepted alternative is side pork with potatoes and sauce, which means that tradition has little regard for people who don't eat meat or pig or are otherwise wrong about their feeding habits.

munk2.jpg

Simple and delicious!

looks great :D

to me, meat as breakfast sounds completely wrong...

Now to go look up less exciting potato pancakes. Those look tasty.

So you don't have sausage and bacon for breakfast?

No! Bacon for breakfast, what's wrong with you? :hammer: :p

Breakfast:
13-04-21_frukost_02.jpg

Now to go look up less exciting potato pancakes. Those look tasty.
They're very easy to make, flour, salt, egg, milk, potato. Here's a video tutorial

Last edited:
a slice of bread with nutella and a big jar of coffee
that's my breakfast...