Food! [The thread that started this section]

all dairy you find everywhere will be UHT.[...]

That?s simply not true (I can speak for Germany, the Netherlands and France). There is a lot of confusion about this as UHT does not have to be on the label anymore but the fact of the matter is - there is plenty non-UHT Milk around. I know firsthand because friends of me are outright Milk-nazis who won?t touch any dairy product with UHT-milk in them. Not even Cake ... :mad:
... and high level restaurants go straight to the farmers for their produce anyway.

I don't mind frozen fries at all, i even prefer them...
[...]
i'm not going to a restaurant to taste the fries, they're just palette cleaners...
I swapped those two statements around to make a point. Yes, if you see fries like that and think that this is what they are for - good fries are indeed wasted on you. :) Please stay away from them, that leaves more for me ;)

Well, you specifically mentioned a 30? burger, and you can get pre-made products that'll go perfectly with that. [...] My point is that there's a big difference between the quality of the frozen products, and to turn down the really good ones becomes more a point of principle, than it has anything to do with the quality of the product.
We?re in disagreement there, but I see your point. Frozen Fries are not all the same and all (per se) bad. I get that.

Last edited:
That?s simply not true (I can speak for Germany, the Netherlands and France). There is a lot of confusion about this as UHT does not have to be on the label anymore but the fact of the matter is - there is plenty non-UHT Milk around. I know firsthand because friends of me are outright Milk-nazis who won?t touch any dairy product with UHT-milk in them. Not even Cake ... :mad:
... and high level restaurants go straight to the farmers for their produce anyway.

UHT is a non-entity in Scandinavia as well.

when i went to the shop saterday, they were handing out samples of a new bread spread, which is "mayo free"

tastes good, so i started reading the ingredients list, and i found these carefully not placed next to eachother
- oil
- vinegar
- egg yolk
- mustard

:bangin:
(those are the base ingredients of mayonaise!)

Last edited:
:lol:

OK, some of you saw that on Friendface, so bear with me:
IMG_20141030_220900.jpg

I made this, yesterday.
Store bought bun, store bought minced meat. Frozen fries.
Two slices of mozarella on top.
It tasted much MUCH better than the supposedly "gourmet" burger me an Rebeca ate during the weekend.
Said place was even featured in a guide for the best food in town, and it was AWFUL. They warned us beforehand that it would take around 40 minutes :)blink:) because it's made from scratch on grill blah blah blah. Bullshit. It was dry and flavorless. Mine was juicy and yummy, and I used a damn FRYING PAN.
Their potatoes were supposed to be "rustic", which apparently mean "boiled in oil with the skin still on". My damn frozen fries were much better!
Seriously, there is something wrong. How can such a place have customers?

new chef? too popular place nowdays -> hurry -> drop in quality? there can be numerous reasons.

new chef? too popular place nowdays -> hurry -> drop in quality? there can be numerous reasons.

Not likely, Place has been open for around 2 years.
Not in a hurry, there were like 6 people eating there.
I have no idea, honestly.

Not likely, Place has been open for around 2 years.
Not in a hurry, there were like 6 people eating there.
I have no idea, honestly.

Things like that just happen. We have an Irish pub here, went there about 10 years ago and just a month or so ago, had the exact same meal, but it was very different in quality.

40 minutes to make a burger? Lol. If it takes more than 10 they are taking the piss.

40 minutes to make a burger? Lol. If it takes more than 10 they are taking the piss.

Depends on the size of the burger. A few weeks ago I tried this crappy looking hole in the wall.
6rDmI4c.jpg

The burgers to about 30 minutes to make.
8Sp2b4V.jpg

Whereas at McDonald's, it takes all of 45 seconds for the regular patties to cook, and about 110 seconds for the quarter patties to cook.

Depends on the size of the burger. A few weeks ago I tried this crappy looking hole in the wall.

Unless it's a huge 2-3 finger thick porterhouse of bone-in rib, no piece of beef takes that long to grill or cook and rest. Burgers cook quickly.

Unless it's a huge 2-3 finger thick porterhouse of bone-in rib, no piece of beef takes that long to grill or cook and rest. Burgers cook quickly.

Each patty weighed over a pound before cooking and took about 20 minutes on the flat top to get to medium.

6rDmI4c.jpg

8Sp2b4V.jpg
Well, I know where I'm going if I ever visit Wichita...