Food! [The thread that started this section]

That's the dumb thing, meatballs I got no problem with. I know the ingredients are nearly the same, but I think the surface area ratio gives enough difference in texture that it's fine.
For me, half the appeal of meatloaf is as a delivery mechanism for the caramelized sauce on the top.

That's the dumb thing, meatballs I got no problem with. I know the ingredients are nearly the same, but I think the surface area ratio gives enough difference in texture that it's fine.
When the ball is too big, you get anxiety?

I grew up with my mother making meatloaf as such. She made a bowl shape in the middle, put shredded mozzarella cheese in that and capped it with the meatloaf taking out to make the bowl. Then a little more cheese on top. Instead of a Carmelized sauce we‘d eat it with ketchup if you desired. Normally a side of mashed potatoes as well.

It’s basically a burger without the bread. 😀

I will be needing that recipe...for science of course.

47105D60-DCBF-4CEA-9280-64CF7BAC32FE.jpeg

32A52201-400F-46FB-B47E-ED37034B29C4.jpeg

74C70FDD-4EE4-4487-BFBF-F10581FAC269.jpeg

DDD08EFA-27C0-4850-958D-C79A85BA9CD0.jpeg

Someone was drinking milk from a beer glass?

Trader Joe's just issued a recall on a pre-made pesto sauce, because they said it had "undeclared milk and walnuts," instructing consumers to throw it away, or return it for a refund if you have an allergy to those ingredients.

The amusing thing is that the ingredients list includes both milk and walnuts, but the issue was that it was missing an additional separate and specific "allergens:" listing on the same label.

Found good tacos in Freiburg.

IMG_1751.jpeg

I made a quick stop at a grocery store to pick up something we needed, and passed by a clearance item for 1/2 price, and picked it up for a laugh.

What really made me laugh, though, after getting it home, was their attempt at making these Cheezy Pizza Mini Corndog Nuggets seem like a sensible food choice on the back of the package.

Because they say the chicken is raised without hormones, and each serving has 7g of protein, it then says "You can feel good that it's the right choice to satisfy even the hungriest appetites.

Now, what makes it especially funny is that a whole serving is FOUR mini corn dog nuggets, totaling 2.8oz. boy...yeah...that's really gonna fill someone up. 🤣

IMG_2051.jpeg

Turkey in a mushroom sauce, some veggies and of course, Spätzle.