Food! [The thread that started this section]

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
Sushi is great. I used to hate it until 2/3 years ago, but living in Vancouver it's hard to resist. Vancouver has a big Asian population and it's very popular and supposedly good quality here.

I'm not a big fan of sashimi on the other hand, but I love those nori cones you can get, especially with crab. Mmm...

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition
So I decided to enjoy some baked barbeque chicken with sauteed mushrooms and broccoli, sprinkled with some minced carrots and bread crumbs, served with mashed potatoes over chicken gravy.

Otto the Orange is getting jealous.

Naturally, I decided to keep this classy and enjoy some jazz while I feasted on this wonderful concoction. Very sophisticated, indeed. 8)

Jay

the fool on the hill
So I decided to enjoy some baked barbeque chicken with sauteed mushrooms and broccoli, sprinkled with some minced carrots and bread crumbs, served with mashed potatoes over chicken gravy.

Naturally, I decided to keep this classy and enjoy some jazz while I feasted on this wonderful concoction. Very sophisticated, indeed. 8)

Interesting...
Would you consider yourself an "old soul" so to say? not many of your age would would go for either the food or the music. 8)

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition
Interesting...
Would you consider yourself an "old soul" so to say? not many of your age would would go for either the food or the music. 8)
Let's just say I take on to James May a little more than people my age do.

Magnet

Car(s)
BMW E46 328Ci
On today's lunch menu:

Seared salmon fillet with olive oil, sweet chilli, with sweet potato and fried zucchini. Amazing what you can cook up at work on a sandwich press :lol:

Before that was some pumpkin soup, with fresh crusty bread.

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
That's quite a feast, considering you made it at work.

What is Saxa Salt? Just a brand of table salt?

tigger

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'88 Vic Wagon, '92 Honda VFR
Yeesh this thread has made me hungry. And long story short, I've been without an oven for a couple weeks now. So I'm going to Chipotle to get one of those delicious 4 pound burritos.

edit: No decent pics to share, but as always, Chipotle delivers :D. Black beans, peppers, onions, rice, spicy pork and salsa all wrapped in a warm tortilla. Delicious.

Last edited:

ahpadt

Forum Addict
DONOR
Any ideas on roast chicken? A chicken is cooked when its at 60 degree centigrade, which makes it ultra-hard to make the skin nice and brown/crisp...

wooflepoof

Watermelon Connoisseur
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
YOu should watch "In search of perfection: Roast Chicken" you can find it on box(PM if u dunno what that is)

ahpadt

Forum Addict
DONOR
YOu should watch "In search of perfection: Roast Chicken" you can find it on box(PM if u dunno what that is)
Already did, but cba to first roast it for 4 1/2 hours and then searing it in a hot pan..

I tried cooking it at 110 degree centigrade today, but the carcass was still bloody when the breast was cooked.

wooflepoof

Watermelon Connoisseur
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
Did you truss the chicken first? it does actually make a big difference.

Scott

Car(s)
'13 Hyundai Sonata, '95 Audi S-6 '06 Jetta TDI
I made chamchi (tuna) kimbap last night for the very first time.... it is basically Korea's version of Sushi. I was so excited that I forgot to take a picture of it, but it tasted pretty friggin' good!

Here is a stock photo of it: