Food! [The thread that started this section]

Twerp128

Car(s)
'91 Miata, '09 Street Triple

All done with Grilled Sweet Corn.

And A mix of KC Masterpiece and Stubbs, the two best barbecue sauces ever. They're great separate, but when you combine them you get the peppery heat of Stubbs with the thick, rich, sweetness of KC.

Chicken is best served with a can of beer up it's ass.

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
^^^^ Yummy, grilled chicken!

I don't normally eat chicken with any kind of sauce. Sometimes with a kind of garlic sauce, but not often, because I go to school and I don't want garlic breath there, because even with regular teeth-brushing, garlic breath takes time to get lost. Corn, however... Goes perfectly with it.

ahpadt

Forum Addict
Did you just shove a can up the chicken's arse and cook it on the same side all the time, or?

I tried bbq'ing a chicken a couple of times last summer and I couldn't quite get the hang of it.

Twerp128

Car(s)
'91 Miata, '09 Street Triple
Did you just shove a can up the chicken's arse and cook it on the same side all the time, or?

I tried bbq'ing a chicken a couple of times last summer and I couldn't quite get the hang of it.
First I injected it with some some seasoning and chicken stock between the meat and the skin. And rubbed it with more cajun seasoning. You really could really do it with only a simple rub though and ignore the injecting. I just shove a half full can of beer up it's ass and prop it up on a grill that's about 350-375 degrees. Cook it for about two hours, and brush it with melted butter every half hour to get a nice crispy skin.

It's very simple to make and very hard to overcook, the beer keeps the chicken extremely moist. It is next to impossible to dry it out. Plus if you have company, there is no better conversation piece then a chicken sitting upright on the grill, or when it's cooked it will sit upright on a platter.

Jay

the fool on the hill
I love Stubbs BBQ sauce. My mother has a homemade recipe for BBQ sauce, Stubb's comes as the closest to it.

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
^ What'd you put inside? Ham? Mortadella?

I have one of those sandwich makers that shapes the sandwiches into triangles, but I gotta get me a decent panini grill.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Normal ham. I only eat the olive mortadela and that doesn't go that well with melted cheese.

Polly

wants a cracker
and easy to eat.

:lol: That's the most absolutely best worst compliment for a dish I have ever heard anywhere by anyone!

/There you go, now your blob matches your shirt.

Last edited:

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
Is that Panago? Good shit.

What university are you at? Surely not in Prince Rupert. :p

matt_shaw

Just another .ca?
It's pizza from a local restaurant over here; Panago is on the first page. :lol:

I change schools every year. For 08/09 I'll be at UNBC (Prince George) and for my final year I'll be at UVIC. Then if I do well on my LSAT I'll stay at UVIC for law school, if not, I'll stay there and do my MBA.

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
^ Nice dude. I dunno about UNBC, but all the UVic people I know they love it there.

What are you studying?