Food! [The thread that started this section]

My housemates and I had an end-of-quarter/christmas party last night. Consisted of honey baked turkey, stuffing, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, buffalo chicken dip, crescent rolls, pumpkin pie, and 10 liters of various wines. Everything was consumed.

I'm sorry, but I find Fabio Viviani entertaining as hell.

I don't understand the love for Oreo cookies. I recently bought a pack and they were pretty shit. The store's no-name brand "sandwich" cookies are way better and much cheaper.

I don't understand the love for Oreo cookies. I recently bought a pack and they were pretty shit. The store's no-name brand "sandwich" cookies are way better and much cheaper.

I noticed in a pack my wife bought recently that the filling has changed. Not for the good if you ask me.

Ugh don't tell me they've gone all "Hydroxy" eww. Must buy existing stock it seems!

I like the wafers themselves but not the filling.

Double-stuff oreos, or nothing for me. I do dig the peppermint Joe-Joes though from Trader Joes.

I miss Big-Stuff Oreos, too. :(

Dinner party a friend of mine hosted

roasted brussel sprouts

6351733681_abd755abce_z.jpg

salmon steaks

6351738073_40bc8475f6_z.jpg

walnut/apple/bacon salad

6352482236_80e020287e_z.jpg

some kind of glutinous biscuits with jalapeno

6352484774_d863614421_z.jpg

flatbread tomato/pesto tarts

6352487838_d566e9c28a_z.jpg

I know that tastes differ from man to man, but...erm..? Huh?

Oreo cookies are good with other stuff , not alone . pair em with ice cream , milk , steak , and other desserts

Last edited:
Oreo cookies are good with other stuff , not alone . pair em with ice cream , milk , steak , and other desserts

I don't even need them paired but they gotta be with milk in the most ideal circumstances.

I believe Oreos are a product surrounded by sentimentality, people who had them when they were kids probably like them because it makes them remember easier times, the rest of us who only come into contact with the product as adults are left unimpressed.

There are much better fika than oreos. This talk about fika this early in the morning is making me horny for fika. I'll just have to look at this picture for a few hours.

5CXfi.jpg

Rasperry caverns

Last edited:

did you write steak? as in T-bone steak? you marinade them in oreos or sth? :puke:

You guys need to try Tim Tams.

The university here in Wollongong gets a huge amount of foreign students and the number of them I used to see at work buying Tim Tams to ship back to relatives in the US was shocking. Same with Cadbury chocolates and Canadian students, you'd think they don't have chocolate in Canada. :lol:

You guys need to try Tim Tams.

The university here in Wollongong gets a huge amount of foreign students and the number of them I used to see at work buying Tim Tams to ship back to relatives in the US was shocking. Same with Cadbury chocolates and Canadian students, you'd think they don't have chocolate in Canada. :lol:

Oh yes love them! :D Funny enough those the are exactly what my cousins in Australia brings home when they are visiting :p

Just spent all day making confit pork belly (for tomorrow), confit turkey legs (for sunday + roasted crown of turkey) and a double stock made with chicken and turkey bones.

Had a sneaky taste of the pork and maaan.... it was EPIC. Gonna flavour the stock a little differently for both days. Lighter for turkey and maybe a touch smokey (bacon) for the pork.