Food! [The thread that started this section]

Banana, pineaple and letuce? That doesn't even go together!

There is something alarmingly phallic about that picture.

My sister and I made doughnuts in honor of the last night of hanukkah:

AhuGYd0CEAILSt2.jpg

not pictured: jelly filled ones.

Those look very small.

they are. smaller than fist sized, but when you make things in a small deep-fryer it's hard to get much bigger because when you put them in it'd make the oil temp drop too much.

they are. smaller than fist sized, but when you make things in a small deep-fryer it's hard to get much bigger because when you put them in it'd make the oil temp drop too much.

Ahh! They do look very tasty though :)

I have this strange love for fresh pretzels with warm hot dog wieners. Don't ask me why, I just love it.

6602592993_05d6e8e130_o.jpg

And while we're at donuts, here's what I usually buy on Sundays from a stand, where they prepare them fresh:

6602589413_9dd205a7d6_o.jpg

From left to right: "Vanilla dream", "Berliner" with a strawberry jam filling and sugar pearls, "Victoria"

Last edited:
My sister works for a small pretzel stand in the mall, they'll sell you a hot dog wrapped in a pretzel but it's not as good as it sounds (probably would be great if made properly).

It very much depends on the pretzel. Does only work with really good, fresh ones and that special kind of wiener.

I love soft pretzels. I've flown through Frankfurt a few times now and I always get one of those awesome chewy pretzels they have there. NYC-style ones are great too.

They are right, when the skin crackles a bit, as you press it but are soft underneath. Only one bakery here makes them the way I like.

Darth Vader and Jedi Hamburgers at Quick in France

Holy hell this may very well be the Novelty Sandwich to end all Novelty Sandwiches: Quick, a French/Belgian fast food chain, will soon offer the above Darth Vader Burger (they're calling it the "Dark Vador" Burger but whatever), its slightly more boring compatriot the Jedi Burger, and the significantly more boring Dark Burger (see below). So many questions: Is that a black hamburger bun? Does it taste of evil? Will you get cancer within 15 seconds of consuming it? Do you need to join the Empire first just to be safe? Probably it is just food dye? Also, the Jedi burger looks like it is possibly topped with marshmallows?

Anyway, this is apparently to celebrate Star Wars Episode I 3D being released in France. The burgers will be available starting January 31, and will be available for one month only. That's not a terribly long time to choose your side of the force, as the ads demand, so get on it, you lucky people of France and Belgium.

http://eater.com/archives/2012/01/04/quick-launches-darth-vader-and-jedi-hamburgers.php

:lmao:

I'm buying my plane tickets now, just gotta get a pesky passport first. :p

I have this strange love for fresh pretzels with warm hot dog wieners. Don't ask me why, I just love it.

6602592993_05d6e8e130_o.jpg

Nothin wrong with that at all really, but you're right, it has to be the right hot dog and pretzel. There's a local pretzel place a few,minutes away that's known for a good pretzel dog, and they're still reasonably priced.

Quick is kinda meh though, had some in Belgium. BK still is the best burger joint I've been to so far.

:| I've personally rank bk last among the three "big" fast food chains here. The food I've gotten has always been both expensive and mediocre.

One of the best fast food places I've been to is Max in sweden. It's got enough uniqueness coupled to a great take on the traditional burger place idea.

Here we have quite a few McDonalds and 1 (one) Burger King, but both are shit compared to the local burger places.

Damn, now I want a horse burger...