Food! [The thread that started this section]

I still haven't come round to liking cured fish because it's kinda mushy in texture. Combine what with cream cheese and soft(ish) bread and it would feel overwhelming for me, personally.

I would really like to try real ceviche tho.

You lightweights. :p
:lol:

I love loxi and ceviche is perfect for a hot day.

EJsTRBd.jpg

how-about-no-bear.jpg

I'm only saying "No" to the choco-Lays because I think it could be done better.

I've only ever had chocolate covered potato chips that were "Pringles"-style...which didn't work...but the idea still seemed sound.

What I'd rather see, is a gnarly kettle chip, half-dipped in chocolate.

Actually, I gotta say, the chocolate-covered potato chip nuggets in the Jimmy Fallon "Late Night Snack" Ben and Jerry's ice cream are pretty good.

Spicy cabbage kimchi. Especially for breakfast.

Not something I thought I would like, but there it is. I like eating aged fermented cabbage for breakfast.

Look what I received from my wonderful, 94 yr old, great uncle in Florida!
It's lime squeezing time!
1000613_10152004399079161_815572070_n.jpg

Those look an awful lot like lemons...

Is your great-uncle a lemon-stealing whore?

Those are key limes. Those little things are almost all juice.

Last edited:
No, life gave me KEY LIMES and I made Key Lime Pie!!!

100_1044a.jpg

Poutine

Poutine

As a Quebecer, I feel like Poutine should deserve it's own thread, but since I have very little content for now, I'll stick it in here.

If you ever spend a few days in Montreal, and want to try the gourmet meal that is a Poutine, you need to go to "La Banquise". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Banquise

They have a huge variety of Poutine, and are open 24h a day. Late at night (around 3am, when the bar close), the scene can get quite entertaining :p

One of my favorite poutine over there is the Kamikaze. Start with a regular poutine, add merguez sausage, hot peppers and Tabasco sauce.

IMG_20131115_123600.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like an excellent combination. Where was that?

Sounds like an excellent combination. Where was that?

It was a side dish they had as a special at 'Little Social' in London. The head chef is supposedly from Canada. :)

I've never been across the pond so I don't know what the "authentic" (what is "authentic" anyway?) version is like.

+1 for poutine. How can you go wrong with fried potatoes, cheese (what the heck makes a curd?) and gravy. The last poutine I had was duck fat fried waffle fries with shredded duck breast. And now my mouth is watering.