Food! [The thread that started this section]

For 400g of minced beef? It's gotta be more than 500 calories. Depends on how lean the meat was of course.

Looks like an aerial photo.
The spinach is a lake and the eggs are some weird building and the potatoes are a desert.

anthropomorphism aside, those are some richly colored yolks, and what goes into your mashed potatoes for such a creamy appearance?

Looks like something the dentist would tell you to eat after pulling several teeth, to me.

Milk. A bit too much in this case. :p

:lol: I wasn't sure if it was a form of mashed potatoes I was rather more than a bit unfamiliar with.

I got 8 cookbooks and 7 magazines (Lucky Peach) for Christmas, so after having them on the floor for several days I thought it was best to put them into my bookcase;

rmjNvIA.jpg

Starting to get a little collection. I have 2 more books in my flat in the UK. One day the collection will meet wherever I move permanently. :)

I use the books just for culinary inspiration or gaining knowledge. I rarely cook any of the recipes.

Bit of a necro reply, but I love Lucky Peach and can read/reread a volume for months, which is good because it is quarterly. I gave subscriptions to three friends last year, two who are French and one who does pastry, and at first they were all like, "Thanks, I think..." but they all renewed this year and credit me for educating them, lol.

Funny, but like you said I never cook from them. I just feel more in love with food and cooking because of them.

Today, I made a weeks worth of crepes, a pot of (non-texan) chili, a turkey, and sourdough. I should be set on food for a bit.

I love making crepes on a weekend day (usually Sunday) morning. It's one of the very few things I can actually make in the kitchen.