Food! [The thread that started this section]

Yeah, it would be primarily for soups. The cuisinart models we're considering both have the same 200 watt motor, and supposedly the cordless has 20 minutes run time on a charge.

To use the plug in, we'll need an extension cord, or we'll need to unplug the fridge to use it.

An immersion blender would be SOO much easier than pouring a pot of hot liquid into the blender, and less annoying than ladeling it in and having to do it in batches.

:motherofgod:

I have to try this!

Corded, no question. Get a good quality one like Bamix or KitchenAid.

My Bamix is easily my favourite piece of kit in my kitchen. It's relatively expensive, but it's seriously a case of getting what you pay for.

Last edited:
I'll have to adapt the recipe, but you can bet your ass this will be made!

Last edited:
Had a party tonight celebrating the lunar new year. I made crab puffs and gift-wrapped chicken. It was delicious.

I'm so full...

Grilled PB&J FTW!

Just a snap-shot of what I consider a nice evening: Cooking a quick dinner, having a good glass of wine while doing it...

16613701511_dfc767cfe2_o.jpg

Tesco had sriracha so I bought a bottle, Buzzfeed is always talking about it. :lol:
I haven't tried it yet.

Some comments I've seen are its either, the hottest thing in the world... Or its just nice and warm.

Last edited:
It's quite spicy, so don't use it like you'd use ketchup. :p Tastes great tho. Works really well in curries or stirfrys.

I'd say it's a very good ketchup replacement. Spiciness is in the eye of the beholder.

The original cock sriracha is about 4000-5000 scoville, which is the same as tabasco. Dunno about the knock-offs.

It's not particulary spicy, but it does have more flavor than Tabasco, which just tastes like peppered vinegar.