Food! [The thread that started this section]

Yesterday's lunch:
Mushroom tartine (should have used crimini instead of white mushrooms) with butter, thyme, butter, garlic, parm, butter & butter.
20210414_212120.jpg

Yesterday's dinner:
Thai red curry soup with chicken and mushrooms and not enough lemongrass.
20210415_205139.jpg

Today's dinner:
Oven roasted and broiled chicken shawarma, marinated & roasted red onion, with seasoned waffle fries, arugula, tzaziki, cucumber, tomato, sriracha , and oven toasted pita.
20210416_215747.jpg
20210416_220426.jpg

Daaaaaaaamn
Yeah, with the Shawarma, we both stuffed ourselves. We still have a week left on this meal planning/shopping list, but we already know we'll want to make it again next time I put together the 2-3-week menus. We're still only shopping once every 2-3 weeks, at least until vaccine is supposed to be fully up-and-running. We both got our 2nd shots yesterday, so after 2 weeks, I'm hoping I'll only need to plan meals 1 week out. This whole year of planning 2-3 weeks worth of meals in one shipping trip has been exhausting....not just the menu planning, but also juggling all of the expiration dates.

Last edited:
9CEC591B-D3DD-4BC0-9DBB-AB663CD04E5F.jpeg

755A8CEC-DC53-487D-B88E-4D08C7F5F7B6.jpeg

Ok, just had to share this one, even though it's leftovers from something I posted on the last page, because the leftovers ended up way more photogenic than the first round.
Screenshot_20210420-235254_Gallery.jpg

Good food YT channel:

Sam's site:

Last edited:
Breakfast burger anyone?

Fancy 5,400 Calories?

How is anyone in Scotland still alive?

Had some onion yesterday for the first time since May (doctor's orders, long story). Today, will be eating a "normal" amount of onion. Mashed up some frozen/reheated pearl onions in a salad dressing for lunch, and making chicken fajitas for dinner tonight. Tomorrow, though, I'm suppose to try to eat enough to illicit a response...

1626645432388.png

(note: this is a photoshopped image combining the pre-and-post-cooked versions...I won't be eating both).

Ended up going from 3 onions, down to 8.5 tablespoons of caramelized.

Last edited:
I’m surprised seeing an Ohio delicacy 2 states over. I’ve worked in this factory (as far as I know, there’s only the one in Columbus) and it wasn’t dirty like Nestle owned or the off name contracted types are.

3837D10C-DA55-4382-B304-C11BA9D3A3D6.jpeg

don’t know if I’ll try it just for shiggles, I haven’t bought a frozen pizza in a decade since seeing how nasty those places are. :/

Ever dipped your whole burger in beef broth? Know the difference between a smash or slug burger?

Want to beef up on you regional American fast-food burger history?

George Motz's Burger Scholar Sessions on First We Feast YT

(So three seasons and a hall of fame playlists)

George is awesome. Most "shows" from FWF haven't grabbed me besides Hot Ones, and George's videos.

Ever dipped your whole burger in beef broth? Know the difference between a smash or slug burger?

Want to beef up on you regional American fast-food burger history?

George Motz's Burger Scholar Sessions on First We Feast YT

(So three seasons and a hall of fame playlists)

Wow, so the Chicago Beef Sandwich a variant of that.

I've been to Johnnies, it is very good.

Egg salad sandwich for lunch: do I toast the bread, or leave it untoasted?

Bread is a nice chewy sourdough, which won't get mushy like cheap white bread. I tent to prefer toasted bread for sandwiches but it also is juuuust too wide to fit into my toaster slots unless I break it in half, which would make them annoyingly small.

I only have 2 pieces of bread and 2 eggs left, so this is of vital importance. :lmao:

It turns out I should have toasted lighter. I made the bread so hard (toasted the bread in one direction, then flipped it vertically to toast the other side, and let that 2nd pass go too long. When I bit down into the sandwich, the stiff bread squeezed out the egg salad. D'oh!

Still, though....so good. I'll go months without having an egg salad sandwich, and then all of a sudden I'll get a super strong craving for one.