Food! [The thread that started this section]

Nasty that you haven't tried some. It's delicious. The Americans have this weird thing where they slather is on everything though, and that's kinda weird.

We do? I’ve only seen it used with salads and if you’re a weirdo, chicken wing dipping sauce.

Oh gosh, I met people in college who would dip their pizza and all kinds of other things in it. It's nasty. I don't understand it. There are other, better flavors out there than putrefying glorp.

Hoooooot daaaaaaang. I am nervous as hell watching this dude eat in his car (THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!!!), but holy crap, those sandwiches look awesome.

I gotta put a sammich on garlic bread, and soon.

We do? I’ve only seen it used with salads and if you’re a weirdo, chicken wing dipping sauce.
We do. I don't, but the collective "we" do. Pizza, sandwiches (not just as a spread, but as a dipping sauce), anything deep-fried, ranch flavored potato chips and sunflower seeds, etc. One of my old co-workers, whenever we'd go to this one burger place that gives you a free little dish of new pickles, and she'd get a side of ranch for them. One of my first-cousins-once-removed uses it as a pasta sauce.

Hoooooot daaaaaaang. I am nervous as hell watching this dude eat in his car (THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!!!), but holy crap, those sandwiches look awesome.

I gotta put a sammich on garlic bread, and soon.

Oh, yeah...a meatball sammich on garlic bread? Whooooo doggie!

We do. I don't, but the collective "we" do. Pizza, sandwiches (not just as a spread, but as a dipping sauce), anything deep-fried, ranch flavored potato chips and sunflower seeds, etc. One of my old co-workers, whenever we'd go to this one burger place that gives you a free little dish of new pickles, and she'd get a side of ranch for them. One of my first-cousins-once-removed uses it as a pasta sauce.
Yeeeeeah, that's enough to make me want to heave right there.

No, no I am most certainly not :| Is that one of those ideas that have to be successful in the market purely out of novelty value?

re: joppie
looking at all those dutch recipes, it's a super simple sauce - you just gotta get the ratios sort of right. it's outrageous to demand 18 bucks for a bottle!

ELITE!!!
good Thread this, to post about my pancake experiments!
2734CF4A-8AAF-4FE1-B29E-8BCEC60BDF4A.jpeg

contents:
sourdough starter discard
banana in liquid form (mushhhhh)
egggggs (separated, whites whipped)
some flour, some whole wheat
some milk
all of the above in sort of random quantities. And those were some of the best pancakes I ever made! No way to really reproduce, as I’m not sure what I actually did. But I’ll sure as hell keep dumping my sourdough discard into all my pancakes from now on!

I don’t even know what ranch is :|
Well, clearly I should’ve known better and have totally brought this on myself / cursed myself by posting this… because today I was gifted whatever this abomination is. :hammer:
0370940E-AEA4-4981-90F9-FDF93E4A4885.jpeg

edit: well, I don’t Love it, that’s for sure. But it wasn’t bad enough to prevent me from finishing the bag in one sitting, as is well and proper, either.

Last edited:
I loathe ranch dressing, but ranch-flavored chips? Pretty good, usually. I think it's funny that Cool Ranch is Cool American abroad. What the hell is wrong with people here that ranch = American? We're definitely not cool.

Both are on my wishlist.
Congrats!

Wednesday night, I made a mincemeat pie. I've never ever tasted mincemeat pie before, and it seemed like it would appeal to me. The warm spices, the dried fruit...but I think the brandy and citrus peels just made it too bitter. My girlfriend had one forkfull, and that was "enough" for her, so I've been eating the whole thing myself. I've got one piece left, and I'm starting to acquire the taste for it...but only starting...and I likely won't ever make one again.

20211224_000942.jpg

Ever since having it for the first time in Hawaii 3 years ago, we've made Loco Moco our Christmas tradition. However. I didnt think the mushrooms would survive until Christmas, so I had to make it last night. Overcooked the eggs, but it was still tasty.

20211224_004626.jpg

Tonight, I made bruschetta to use up the last of some leftover pesto, grape tomatoes, and ciabatta rolls. Easily the best bruschetta I've ever had...which is a low bar, honestly...but still satisfying, and never made it before.

20211224_232056.jpg
20211224_232127.jpg

Shake Shack's doing a 2 for 1 deal tomorrow and I'm hyped lol.

Haha, enjoy!
i got even more literature for Xmas… although not sure how much use it will see. The pizza bible by a Californian pizza nut. So far so good, but I feel it could’ve been a much thinner volume (nearly 400 pages) :p then again, since it’s called bible, it does sort of encompass a lot of stuff that I wouldn’t typically expect in a pizza book otherwise.

Haha, enjoy!
i got even more literature for Xmas… although not sure how much use it will see. The pizza bible by a Californian pizza nut. So far so good, but I feel it could’ve been a much thinner volume (nearly 400 pages) :p then again, since it’s called bible, it does sort of encompass a lot of stuff that I wouldn’t typically expect in a pizza book otherwise.
The worst part about the pizza Bible, is that for all the recipes, you need to wait three days for the dough to rise.

family-guy-stewie-griffin.gif

Last edited:
Damn, the clementine season was super short this year. From the time I saw the first ones in the store to the last, it was 11 days.

The worst part about the pizza Bible, is that for all the recipes, you need to wait three days for the dough to rise.
Well, taking the time does make for a great pizza dough, I have to admit. Got a bit dark up top there and the sauce isn’t quite there yet… guess I’ll have to make more pizza 🤷‍♂️
2AFDB816-F25D-43B0-80DE-2C8E648563D8.jpeg